Summer Trip

This summer I went on vacation with my family and visited Toronto, Kingston, Montreal and Ottawa.  We flew into Toronto and drove to Kingston, Montreal and Ottawa and flew home from there.  I found Toronto to be like a mini New York. A tour guide said that Toronto is used to film movies set in New York because it looks similar.  I really liked to take pictures there like this one I took on a harbour cruise of the city.  This is the CN tower.

When we were in Toronto we saw a Blue Jays game. It was cool to see a Canadian baseball team play at home. The Blue Jays ended up winning against the Tampa Bay Rays. Troy Tulowitzki of the Blue Jays hit a home run that made it 3-0 for the Blue Jays. The Blue Jays ended up winning 7-0. It was a fun game. Go see the season:  http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/schedule/?c_id=tor#y=2016&m=8&calendar=DEFAULT

image

After Toronto we went to Kingston. It is a university town with Queens university and it has Fort Henry which was built to defend against an invasion by the Americans after the War of 1812.

Then we went to Montreal. I was surprised how many people speak English even though it is a French province. We walked around old Montreal. It reminded me a lot of Austria, France and Switzerland because of the cobble streets and architecture like the Notre Dame church.

After Montreal we headed to the capital of Canada, Ottawa. I thought it was cool to get a tour of all the parliament buildings. We saw the Changing of the Guard and got a tour of the East Block and Centre Block and went up the Peace Tower.   It was interesting to see inside the House of Commons where the Prime Minister sits.  On the last day when we were there we went to the light show. It was so cool to see the Parliament buildings lit up.