My Quilt Square

This blog post is about making my quilt square. My square represents the first part of my group’s story.

First Part of Our Group’s Story:  There is a war on an earth-like planet between the first two human civilizations called the Alexonians and the Shoewees.  If the war continues on its course then it could result in the death of thousands of people.  The king of the Shoewees wants to rule both civilizations.  The Alexonians have Ballator who is a strong warrior and a special weapon that is a valuable sword but will it be enough to stop the Shoewees?

Designing and Making my Quilt Square:  In designing this quilt square, first I drew a draft on Paper53.  The picture of the world is like a globe and it represents the worldview. I drew two castles on top of the world but on opposite sides. They stand for the power of the two fighting civilizations, the Alexonians and the Shoewees. I chose very bright, rich colours to represent the beauty in the world and the richness of the civilizations. Later I added stars to make it look more detailed.  I reviewed my quilt square design with my group to make sure it fit with the rest of the story. We decided to add the large silver sword between the castles. It represents the fighting between the civilizations and the hero’s sword.

My Quilt Block Drawings:

1  First Draft

image

Second Draft (added sword)

image

Final (improved the sword)

image

Sewing The Quilt Square:

Before I started sewing:

image

Sewing in progress:

image

Here is a time lapse of me making the quilt:  Click here to see it:  TIME LAPSE

Sewing finished!!  The final version:

image

Please see Sam’s blog to find out the next part of our exciting story.