MPOL!

How have I demonstrated growth as a learner so far this year? We had three main courses this past term, humanities, maker, and Scimatics. While I feel I had growth in two of the classes, the third class Scimatics I was least proud of.

In humanities, I surprised myself with how much I loved the poetry and being able to express more of myself on paper. We had to do a total of 9 poems, that all expressed a different part of our worldviews. One of the poems I’m most proud of was my self-portrait poem. This was my most favoured poem because it was the one I expressed more of myself on. Here is a photo of my self portrait poem:
 Animal Farm farm was another opportunity to analyze data and find deeper meaning and connections in the story. I was also fascinated by how a revolution takes place. Although the story was interesting, I had to be disciplined to get through the required reading.

Maker was another course I felt I made a lot of growth in. I enjoyed video editing and was able to try new techniques and I was able creatively focus on what was important for the video. Im proud of my 5 minute video I made for take your kids to work day where I showed what goes down at my dads office in Surrey. Here is my take your kid to work day video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaGIX6OR7a4

Destination Imagination (Or DI for short) taught me how to work better in a group, as well as take more initiative when woking as a successful team. This was also a very frustrating project for me because I was paired with a group that wasn’t on task, after that I took the initiative to request a new group. I had the self awareness of what I needed to be successful and focused. I feel I ended up with a better mark because of this personal decision.

Scimatics, I felt I had no real growth in Scimatics this year, and was the course I was least proud of. I did the necessary work but nothing new was really achieved. My habits in this class were lacking and I didn’t put as much effort as I could have in this class. My goal to have in this class next term would be to regain motivation to try better.

Statement of learning intent:

This school year, I want to understand how to, better communicate and represent my ideas in my writing, articulate my ideas by improving my grammar skills, I would like to understand how to effectively use and show my ideas in my work so others can better understand me, and finally, I would like to know how to collaborate with others in an effective and positive way. My to-do list for this term is to, show more of myself in projects by expressing my own thoughts and opinions by not reading off what other people think, and finally, I want to give voice to my ideas by doing my own thing.  

Overall, I feel it was a very successful term for me. I made a lot of growth and I look forward to reach my learning targets by the end of this school year.

0 comments on “MPOL!Add yours →