I’m In Love With The World

R“A photograph is the pause button on life”

https://youtu.be/dsW9ZlvHc0o

One of the most therapeutic things in life is taking a walk.

It’s kind of a fact of life. Humans were created to explore and adventure the world, so when we are outside and breathing fresh air, we feel more natural. 

The natural world is breathtaking. I am so lucky to live in a beautiful country, surrounded by mountains and water and city lights all mixed together.

Sometimes we get caught up in our work lives, and we forget that there is an entire world out there for us to explore. I recently went on a one night stay up in the mountains with some friends over a weekend and it was so nice. I left my electronics at home, and let myself live in the moment. It was an amazing feeling. 

Fresh air, laughter, and just being. It’s the best feeling in the world.

I think that’s why most people love traveling. It’s seeing new things and being in the moment. That’s why I love travelling. 

One great thing about getting out and living, is you often want the to capture it. On my mountain weekend one of my friends said to me, “I don’t think it’s possible to take a bad photo when you’re camping. You’re just so relaxed and yourself, you can’t look bad.”

I realized, she’s right. Photos have, and always will be, best taken when you’re capturing the natural side of whatever you’re trying to capture.

It’s the art of capturing moments, that I’ve fallen in love with recently. I really want to get a good camera at some point this year, because I love photography and film.

As a kid I always saw my dad taking photos of everything and I never understood it until I had a camera in my hand myself. Suddenly I wanted to capture everything. Every moment and every beautiful thing I found, I wanted to remember it.  

I’ve truly fallen in love with the idea of capturing the beauty of natural life. The places and people we surround ourselves with. The idols we all love and the comforting feelings we want to remember forever. I want to capture it and I love the idea of being able to do it.

The photos above have been taken off of my Photography Pinterest Board. They are photos I’ve looked at and thought, “woah.”

I hope that in the new year and even before, I can start to work on my own “portfolio” of photographs that I can share with the world. 

Thanks for reading

Let me know what you think about photography in the comments!