2018 DI Provincials!

In this years DESTINATION IMAGINATION our team called 2x the Ging, made it to provincials! I Unfortunately couldn’t make it to regionals or provincials because I had other commitments. However I helped my team prepare and get ready to preform and compete at DI provincials

Click on the link below to learn about the great experience Destination Imagination is and it’s proven results.

Proven Results

Since I wasn’t at DI provincials I don’t have much to say in this post, which is why instead I am going to talk a bit about why I wasn’t at DI and what I did that day.

First of all I should probably tell you that I ski race. I absolutely love to ski and when I go to races I travel quite a bit so I miss quite a bit of school. Missing school is hard sometimes because when I’m away at a ski mountain somewhere with my ski team, there is little to no time to work on school work. However it’s all worth the extra bit of staying on top of things and catching up on work. For one it gives me the opportunity to do the thing I love to do, ski. But it also gives me a lot of leadership, I’m the leader of me, my schooling and my work. Having to work extra hard sometimes I know will pay off later in the real world. 

Not only does traveling and being away help me learn how to work extra hard, but ski racing alone has taught me so much. I ski out of Grouse Mountain Tyee Ski Club. We used to be called the Tyee Ski Runners a long time ago when the club first got founded in 1929.

The club is a community, a family. I’ve been part of the club for six years now and this coming season in 2018 will be my seventh. I have made so many great friends and connections with people throughout my six years at the club. I have a friend who joined the club the same year I did, we weren’t in the same group when we were little and had known idea who each other were. However, now she’s one of my best friends.

Especially when you get older, there’s a smaller and smaller group of people in your age group or level, so when your traveling for fifteen hours on a bus, you get to know each other pretty well. 😂 

When I wasn’t at Destination Imagination, I was away at a ski race where I ended up placing first out of everyone at the race. It was an awesome feeling because I had worked so hard that year to be where I was and it payed off. 

This is a video of my skiing over the years. 

for fifteen hours on a bus, you get to know each other pretty well. 😂