🌲How Do We Learn ?🌲

🌲Hello and welcome back to the forest of learning! In this post, I will reflect on a recent event that all of PLP participated in: the PLP exhibition! After creating our First Films, we devoted are class time towards learning to present what a PLP learner means to an audience. I gained a lot of knowledge from this exhibition, and, I if you would like to learn more, just keep reading!🌲

Let’s start from the beginning of this portion in the process; what exactly was the  exhibition? Well, there were two main parts; the PLP 8&9’s, and the PLP 10, 11, & 12’s. The PLP 10, 11, and 12’s focussed on showcasing what goes into a community. And, as PLP 8 and 9’s, our job was to showcase our learning through explaining what it means to be a PLP learner. Within that, there were 5 parts: Intro, PBL pathway, Technology, Beyond the Classroom, and Conclusion. I was in the PBL pathway where we had to teach our audience about how we learn in PLP. Our driving question was “How do we Learn?”. I was in a group with Sabrina, Makenna, Sylas, Mateo, Gwen, Claire, Luca, Dylan, and yours truly from grade 9, and from PLP 8 Hannah, Brooke, Seth, Silas, Ronan, Jasper, Ruby, and Max.

Seen this before on my blog? Well, we turned this process into an interactive room!

Our entire group worked together to problem solve and collaborate throughout the making of our room so that it could be an amazing showcase of WHAT- and most importantly, HOW we learned this year. My friend Sabrina and I spent a lot of time working together to make and plan many things for our room, which was also a huge highlight for me in the “Team Work” portion. On the day of, too, I was surprised to see everyone in the group engaged and doing their job. It made me really happy to see how excited the audience was to just learn about how we got to make all of these cool final products, and how excited my peers were to explain it to them.

I was personally in charge of the “Present and Reflect” station along with Hannah and Brooke (two grade eight’s). In Present and Reflect, my job was to show the documentaries from our First Film project and explain the processes we went through to get to this point. My part of the station was supposed to showcase our First Films similarly to how the real first films were showcased in the lat 1800’s.

My station!

After talking to a couple of people, I really realized how much I had actually learned from this project. Kind of funny too, seing I was presenting and reflecting on my work. I genuinely really enjoyed explaining our work, and the audience, for the most part, seemed to really enjoy it too!

🌲We worked on the exhibition for about two weeks. On the costumes, food, decorations, and most of all, our actual work being showcased. In PLP, I have participated in two exhibitions besides this one: last year, in PLP 8, we helped with the spring exhibition and this year we also had a winter exhibition. I think this year’s spring exhibition really took the cake! I had a great group, and had fun running my station.This was a great exhibition, and I learned so much from it! So, How do we learn? Well, in PLP we learn through following the Project Path! Each step of the path goes into the final products we show, and we can apply this to things besides PLP as well! Overall, I loved showing my learning in this way. I can’t wait to come visit and see the other amazing ways PLP will continue to showcase our learning! 🌲

P.S- if you would like to see a tour of the exhibition, check out Alicia’s awesome YouTube video!