D.I

Dread it, run from it D.I will always come. That’s right destination imagination. If you don’t know what it is well I’m going to tell you now, Destination Imagination (DI) is a global educational nonprofit dedicated to inspiring the next generation of innovators, leaders and creative problem solvers. That translates into they give you a educational challenge that is fairly hard and you have to solve it and then you compete against other schools. There are several challenges and I was in the improv one. There are also engineering, technical, medical, and fine arts. So now the challenge.

we started D.I with lots of time and we learned about the rules and things like that. Then we started on the challenge and we were bored and didn’t know what to do beside research the coinheads. Then we got started on The instant challenges and these are a challenge that puts your team on the spot. These are fun but challenging. Then we got into crunch mode. All the groups needed to get down and keep going and come out with a good solution.

then it got mental. We had one week before provincials and now we were sweating. It was time for the D.I miracle were with 5 days left we come out and get the solution down. With this amount of days left we got ms maxwell to teach us some improv games. This was a huge help towards our act and was good fun. Then we got started on the set up. We stayed after school and saw what we would do for the tournament and where we would perform. That was good but then the next day it was regionals.

When the day came there were tons of people and it was scary we had to go down and watch the other improv and parade through the gym and there was lots of teams. Then it was our turn we did amazing and I was proud. Here is a photo. That is my D.I reflection.