Welcome to my very first blog post! I was set upon a task to come up with a captivating question that had some involvement with the Laurier Era. After many attempts and fails, Ms, Willemse finally gave in with the stupidity of my questions and decided to approve one of them and that question was, How did Canada’s natural resources affect the Canadian Economy in the late Ninth Century? The reason why I chose this question was because of many reasons, mainly because I didn’t want to be “mainstream” and do Laurier himself. As soon as I started my research understood that this was not an easy question to answer and that I’ll have to divide the question up into main segments and solely research that segment. This was my process of answering my question, first I would find out want Canada’s main natural resources were during the ninth century. Then I would continue to research each individual natural resources and how it affected the Canadian economy. Finally after all that was done I could see the big picture of how the natural resources really had an effect on the Canadian economy, and I must say there is a pretty significant difference before and after with the so called “farming” of natural resources that happened in Canada during the Laurier Era. Once my research and new found knowledge of Canadian natural resources and how it effected the Canadian Economy I pooled of the information in a short interactive presentation done on the website Prezi. Click this link for my Prezi on the Canadian Economy during the Laurier Era.

To sum things up I found the experience of making my first blog post a wonderful but challenging first project in the PLP course at Seycove. I am looking forward to the near future of my experience in the PLP program