DI-ing to Get it Done Pt. 2 (Destination Imagination Provincials)

Skiing in the arctic, falling through a tree well, an underground society, a spirit from the past, an old engraved vase, a finding that changed the world, ARE YOU GETTING DEJA-VU?! This was my Saturday afternoon yet again! However, this time the stakes were higher because we were presenting in the provincials tournament. What is Destination Imagination Destination Imagination (DI) is a global academic competition. Teams of all ages develop solutions to challenges and present them live at tournaments. To…

Read More Read More

Mid Term Reflections (MPOL)

Mid Term Reflections (MPOL)

My whole life, school has been relatively easy for me, follow the criteria, add a little extra pizzazz, and boom I had myself an an extending. When I stepped into my first PLP class 7 months ago I quickly realized that was not going to be the case. PLP has forced me to fully adapt the way I learn, and I fully believe I have grown as a student because of it.  Statement of Learning “Thank you for coming to…

Read More Read More

DI-ing to Get it Done (Destination Imagination Regionals)

Skiing in the arctic, falling through a tree well, an underground society, a spirit from the past, an old engraved vase, a finding that changed the world, these were just some of the things I did on my Saturday afternoon.  Why was I on this crazy adventure you ask? I preformed all of these things as a part of my solution for Destination Imagination at the regionals tournament. What is Destination Imagination? Destination Imagination (DI) is a global academic competition….

Read More Read More

Bon Voyage!

Bon Voyage!

Melty, gooey cheese with sweet tomato sauce on a soft warm crust. Can you even imagine your life without pizza?! If European exploration never happened you would have never felt this amazing burst of flavour touch your tounge. This past month I have been learning all about European exploration, and the cause and consequence of it.  My Exploration Production For this project, I was assigned with creating a story about European exploration and the cause and consequence of it, making…

Read More Read More

Restore the Lost Atom

Restore the Lost Atom

OH NO! You lost your pet atom! What if I told you there is a way to get him back? Go through obstacles and restore the lost atom. Sounds fun right? Click here to play it. How to Play Oh no! Your pet atom escaped. Go through obstacles to find the lost atom. You will have to find each part of the atom, the electrons, neutrons, protons, and the nucleus. As you go on the temperature increases making your atom…

Read More Read More

Learning How to Like Poetry

Learning How to Like Poetry

All my life, I have hated poetry with a deep passion. However, this month I learned that it was the basic, cliche, meaningless poems I hated. This month I learned how to like poetry. The Project Words From My Heart Click to read this book, made with Book Creator read.bookcreator.com For this project, we were taught many poetry terms and then tasked with creating eleven poems to help us answer the driving question, How might I write poetry that I…

Read More Read More

What Lies Beneath The Tip of The Iceberg

Recently I presented a three part tableau to the public in the PLP winter exhibition. I noticed that the exhibition was our way to show our final neat product, and leave all of the stressful, hard work in the past. What is a Winter Exhibition? These past months, all of Seycove PLP has been working very hard to put together the Winter exhibition. The Winter Exhibition is a way PLP can showcase our work to the public in a creative…

Read More Read More

A Week Devoted to Drawing

A Week Devoted to Drawing

Have you ever dedicated a whole 5 days solely to mastering the art of drawing? I have!  “Why is drawing important?” This is the question I devoted my week to answering. In the midst of creating, learning and sketching, I came to a conclusion. Drawing is not just about lines and shapes, it is a way to express yourself and your emotions. Read forward to hear about my week where the importance of drawing, stretches farther than the blank canvas,…

Read More Read More

Power Play And How it Started

Power Play And How it Started

Try to name a medieval art piece. Hard right? Well, not for me, ‘The worldview of medieval Tyler’. That’s right, not only does the medieval artwork have my name on it, but it has me featured in it. What can we learn from the past and why does it matter to us today?  That is the question I aimed to answer while going forward in this project. It’s hard to believe our lives and worldview today is still effected by…

Read More Read More

IT’S THE END OF THE WORLD!

IT’S THE END OF THE WORLD!

What if I told you that I did something more scary than being a grade 8 going into high school? That’s right, not only did I make the switch from elementary to high school, I wrote, sung, recorded, and posted a song about it. The Project After 4 hard weeks of reading, working, revising and reflecting, I have learned, worked, and grown, and came out of the ‘It’s The End of The World Project’ with a song and music video…

Read More Read More