Julius Caesar post part two

Hey guys sorry for the ending for my other post I didn’t want to go on forever and make you all bored. So let’s pickup where we left off last time, with the Julius Caesar play we had to modernize. First if all my group chose a scene where a character or conspirator named Cassius is trying to get Brutus to overthrow Caesar. Within two seconds of deciding this was what we were going to do one member in our group said we had to do it based off of Starbucks and your stereotypical high school popular kids. The whole group then thought this was a good idea so we brainstormed some ideas around the central one. We came up the the sand dollar cafe and the idea for turning Brutus, something about basketball. But I’ll go into that in a second. We decided that it would probably be best to make the script first, so we did. It was taking ages to do some of these things because we were arguing about what to do. To be more productive we split the roles up of the group. We had two people work on the script, two people work on the visuals for the background and two people work on the modern names for the characters and props. The last two were pretty easy and we did those fast so the group then helped finish the script which was almost all done.
After this it was time for the hard work of memorizing lines and rehearsing our whole thing. Then we had our first big thing to do for this. It was a dress rehearsal in the theatre at school. We had some props there, but it was mostly just presenting what we had and then getting feedback from the class. I think this went pretty well and the feedback we got was also very helpful, we took what we heard and added most of it to our presentation to make it more enjoyable.
It was then a lot more hard work adding and taking things away from our presentation, looking at lines and getting props and then it was game day. We also did this in the theatre at school and I think this went along a whole lot better then the rehearsal did, but that’s what rehearsals are for right.
In the end I think this project turned out really well and I learned a lot about Ancient Rome and classic writing or literature. I would really love to do more Shakespeare plays and learn about them because I know it would be as much fun as this project was. Every play but Romeo and Juliet of course :).