SLC Blogpost

This is a blogpost for one of the most important things about PLP. This important thing is called the student led conferences or SLC for short. In this blogpost I will be explaining three things, the work I am most proud of this school year, work that shows my growth and work that shows I have a growth mindset. I want to cut right to the chase here so the first thing I will be explaining is the work I am most proud of since the school year started. This is by far the Destination Imagination tournament we did. I know I wasn’t there when we did the final presentation but from what I heard it went really well and everybody had a good time. The main reason I am most proud of this work is because of all the time and effort me and my group put in to it. At first this was the beginning of along project that no one wanted to do but at the end of it I think everyone enjoyed. This was a very fun project and there was always something to do in it. I think the idea for this was pretty good with the owl camouflaging into a tree, I thought the idea for this project was pretty unique and my group pulled it off really well.

Next on my list is the work that shows the most growth. For this one I chose the Julius Caesar project we did all this term. This project was based of the play written by Julius Caesar, the goal of this project was to rewrite a scene from the the play but to make it modern. I’ve always done things like this in school but this is the one that I think I did really well on. In a way this was kind of like the DI presentation. So I took some of the ideas from that and tried to improve them and add them into the Julius Caesar Skit. This was a nonstop project and there was always something to add to it and make it grow.

Finally there is the piece of work that shows I have a growth mindset. For this I chose our major project of term one, advertising. This project started after out Oregon trip. In Oregon we each got assigned some places to make advertisements on. We spent probably over a month after that doing these advertisements. This was something that we always had more to do on. I took ideas off everyone including my parents and teachers and tried to improve on what they all said. I was always accepting new ideas and thinking hard about what people seeing this advertisement would want.