Blue Sky Exhibition Blogpost

We have been working on this project for a while now and it has all led to the exhibition. But before I go into that I’m going to talk about my project for a bit. With these projects we had to come up with a question to do with Harry Potter. A question that we could make a project on and then show the final product to people that would come and visit our exhibition. So of course it had to be an interesting one that you could lots of research on and give your own thoughts and theories on the question you had. So the question I came up with for this was “How does not having any parents affect Harry’s life and his personality?” For this project I thought it would best be explained in a movie. So I was put in the film and character group. But I’ll talk about that in a minute when I’m done explaining my project. So with my project at the beginning I was at a lost at how I could do this project, like I am with all my projects. But once I started thinking about it a few ideas came to mind, the best of which was to study people in the real world and how they react to different situations with wether or not they had parents or not. I studied different situations that people were put in and found how they reacted to these problems. I then found out if they had parents growing up or if they had adopted parents that were kind or abusive. I then took what I found out in the real world and applied it to Harry Potter. It took me a while to get everything right a get all my facts straight and put into a movie, but in the end I think it turned out really well and everyone at the exhibition found it interesting.

Research

My Project

Now onto the actual exhibition, at the beginning like I said earlier we were organized into groups based on our projects. I was in a group with Willa, Lucas, Makayla and Tyler( if you click on there names it will take you to their Blogposts). Our groups topic was films and characters so most of our projects were on our iPads and not on a poster board or anything like that. For every group we got to pick a setting in the movies that we would put all our projects. For our group we got Dumbledores office and I have to say I had a lot fun setting it all up. We had his desk against one wall with all the props on it and all the bookshelves were decorated with dark paper and cut out a little area in it where we would put our iPads. These were meant to be the windows that are all around Dumbledores office I have to say I think they turned out pretty well. Every group had to have what the teachers called an interactive. This was something that the visitors could have fun with while going in between the different parts of the library. Of course it had to be Harry Potter themed and my group thought what is more fun than beer bong. It took us a while to get to that but once we had it definitely had to be the thing we would put in. We thought it would be a good idea to make it into a quidditch idea so we put hoops on the table and the idea was to bounce the ball on the table get it thorough the hoop and into the cups. If you won you would get wizard juice which everyone loved. The game was a huge hit and everyone had loads of fun playing it. Finally it was time to clean up and boy did that take a long time. It was late when we finished and I couldn’t to go home and sleep. Overall I had a lot of fun doing this project and it was my first blue sky and I think it went really well. I hope you enjoyed watching my project as well.