Blue sky

It was recently just the end of second blue sky for the year. As usual there was a lot of work to do. This year was slightly different from the last couple of exhibitions with what we had to do. This year we had to find a problem from a few different groups. There were seniors, tweens, babies, toddlers and pets. The group that is chose was for tweens. That wasn’t my first choice, which was pets, but after a couple of ideas being shut down it was the group I was stuck with. The idea I came up with for this was what I later called the food wheel. Amazing name, I know.

For this project we had to make a minimum of three prototypes and for each one get feedback off our target group. This feedback would help us create our next prototype. Now for my idea.

Kids (tweens especiallyKids (tweens especially) these days do not make as many good decisions as they should do regarding their food. It is too complicated to through massive books and get what they need and it is very boring to do this. So I created an easier, quicker and more fun way to find the food they need. A wheel that can easily be turned around to find what you need.

Prototype #1

I started with a book at first to get the layout and all my ideas down. When I gave it to people to use they did not want to go through a book for ages to find what they needed so I came up with a different solution to this problem.

Prototype 2

This was the first one I made that was a wheel. I took down all the information I had written in my book and then put it on to a wheel. This way I could organize it more easily with the same information. When I gave it to people they liked the idea but of course there were improvements to make.

Prototype 3

I made this wheel slightly bigger so it was easier to read. I also made it with some colour so it would be more attractive to look at. I also put some magnets on the back so you could mount it on the fridge so it would be more accessible.

Final

With my final one I made it brighter and more friendly to look at. There are lots of colours in it and I added some pictures as well. I made the categories easier to see and added a picture to each one as well. It was still a wheel, but on the turning part I put some helpful facts so it was a useful part. Now it was complete and the feedback I got was pretty good. People liked my idea and the way it looked and functioned. I think this will solve a problem kids have these days with this creation.

The exhibition itself went very well and I think a lot people enjoyed. We were divided into different groups according to our target audience and then had to decorate it according to that group. After we decorated we set up our own project and then it was time for the people to come in. Everyone that came to our are really liked the decorations and thought it looked really good. For my project I told people how it worked and the stages I went through. The feed back I got from them was very good. They all liked the concept I had made and all said they would use it if they had one. Even the parents said they would like to have one for themselves if they could get one. The overall experience was really great and I loved setting everything up and presenting my work. I can’t wait to see what the next blue Sky is going to be on.