BlueSky: TRANSFORMATION USING MAKEUP!!!

Hi everybody, so basically as our Final Project in FLIGHT9 this year we were assigned this individual project called the BlueSky project.

I honestly loved doing this and the whole project was amazing, you got to be creative with what you loved and it’s a chance to achieve something with something behind you driving you to do it. I mean we all have this potential to do these amazing things but we just don’t. Don’t ask me why because it’s just in our nature I guess but having this as an actual final project drives you to actually do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YeOB9yI9OY

Now makeup and stage makeup involving optical illusions are something I love to do for fun and it’s something I enjoy but this was really a whole new thing and it was really fun to do and yes it was hard but in the end I was proud. I think I could have planned out a bit better but the end result turned out better than I thought.

Thanks Jolene for helping me with this project and I definitely could not have done it if you helped me. Thanks a lot! Btw you should check out her Blue Sky cuz she made her own shoes… js!

American Revolution: WHY THE KINGS SUCKED

So I guess my question for this topic is how the heck did ALL the kings during this time period suck so bad. I mean was it genetic or something? Hope you find out but at the same time I want to warn you that this video is 7 minutes long soooooo if you want to just stop watching and switch to a different video then….. go for it. Thanks anyways!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1h1fBG-POI

American Revolution Metaphor Machine

For our metaphor machine we all came up with a metaphor about the American Revolution and although they seemed kinda impossible… I’m surprised they ended up working really well. The entire process really ended up picking up speed towards the last week but it was an incredible journey of yelling at people and getting yelled at and yeah… it wasn’t all pretty. Hope You enjoy our video!

https://youtu.be/lC0CLMPEt7s

Colonialism : Life in new France 

Count Frontenac

During the times of New France, one of the most important roles were the Governors who was also the highest ranking official. Basically his role was to make sure that everything was running smoothly with other officials and first nations people… basically his job was being the boss. He was the one who made sure other officials where doing the jobs properly while making these relations and alliances with other first nations people. Another major thing the Governor was in charge of was the army there in New France.
 The most famous among all the governors was Comte Louis de Buade de Frontenac (Count Frontenac). Count Frontenac was known for his plans to expand New France west into the native lands and taking greater shares of the fur trade. He basically put these ideas into action by sending out people westwards away from settlements and building forts along the way. This however irritated the Iroquois ended up restarting their old fight for the fur trade surrounding the Great Lakes. Also the new movement heading west was also causing the Iroquois to become angry even further resulting in wars. One of Frontenac’s biggest success’s came when he led 2000 soldiers to the Iroquois and caused them to flee making New France safe from attacks led by the Iroquois. Frontenac’s success resulted in bigger shares of the fur trade expanding New France and also allowing New France and its next Governors free from focusing on the attacks giving more time to focus on other things. 

Why was Queen Marie Antoinette of France so Careless?

Marie Antoinette was married to Louis XVI the Dauphin and crown prince of France at the age of only 14 years old. She was the 15th daughter, princess and archduchess of Maria Theresa, empress of Austria. Yeah this is getting pretty formal for now I know. So when she married, she was a young beauty who was very free and relaxed living in Austria without much care… I mean being the 15th daughter you can’t really expect for too much. 

However that was not the case. She was married to the monarchy of the most powerful nation in Europe at the time. She was a young, free living, and innocent girl at the time with the most lavish and prestigious wedding ceremony. But the peak of her enchanted life would come later after the King Louis XV died. She would become queen of France, the most powerful of Europe, at the age of 18 years old. Still a teenager when she became queen, she was very dissatisfied with her marriage because the kind was very shy and awkward though he loved her and not only that but he was un-able to have a sexual relationship since he was still younger. She started spending lavishly on her own interests and close friends that she made. She was tired of the formal etiquette and many were offended by this. 
She started engaging in her personal interests such as night life, fashion, theatre and through all this many rumours were spread about her and other relationships she had through much flirting. One major person in these relationships was Ferson Von Axel whom she spent much time with.
In the end people rebelled and she refused to give up her position nor did she accept the revolution. She did have 4 children, two who had died including the next heir. Once she was executed for influencing the king and being the center of all the turmoils (especially financially), she was beheaded and her severed head was held up high for all to see. 
In the end she was raised in a free living careless environment as a child with attention from all for her beauty and innocence but later was burdened suddenly with such a large weight of becoming queen of the most power country in Europe, forced into a strict manner of etiquette and duties, faced with personal interests and desires and dissatisfaction with her marriage with king louis. Once becoming more mature she was ridiculed for being unable to produce an heir and for having many sexual relations with other one being a women who tried bringing her down through these rumours influencing and causing the Diamond Necklace Incident using a prostitute who looked like Marie Antoinette. After bearing 4 children, 2 had died of diseases not to include her miscarriages. Once the rebellion had grown to its peak she had grown firm in her position and was even further ridiculed. 
In general Marie Antoinette stood firm to the end even to her death but was quite a misunderstood person. Being under so much pressure from a young age with enemies all around. Some wonder if she had ever known true happiness in her life after marrying into the french monarchy.

GR.9 S.L.C. 2 SPRING EDITION!

So like every other year, term 3 seems to be the year my grades descend… not a good thing I know. But this year has still has its high points and I definitely learned things like starting your work thinking you are going to just do it fast and easy without any meaning gets you started and you just get attached but at the same time… it doesn’t always necessarily work all the time.

This Post is going to cover just a few basic things like a few examples of my work, how I am doing and what I liked, my progress in general, and my goals that I had set in my winter SLC. So without any further re-due, LETS GET THROUGH THIS.

So first I will be sharing a few examples of of my favorite projects so we will be watching that shortly…

… and now we will continue… so basically the video that I showed you just now was all of the video projects we did and honestly in term three I can honestly say that that was the biggest improvement for me. Filming and editing and making videos documenting my work without use of copyright. This I really loved because the way you document your work is so easy for others to see and it’s also an easy way to show your work in a nice and neat way that everyone can enjoy… also one big lesson I learned is that a video should typically be about 3-4 min if you want people to actually see it without getting extremely bored… where I made a 7 min video about the english revolution at the beginning of the term -_-.  The other thing I loved about this was that I can always carry my old projects around with me and all the memories and the whole experience is there for me to see in a completely different way.

Now one thing I really loved about FLIGHT this year was actually what I also hated the most. Which is this Blog Portfolio… I’ll be honest with you but at the beginning of the year I thought it was a dumb idea because we had done school blogs before in Gr 8 and then it pretty much was pointless and had like 2-3 posts but this time it was different. I hated posting things and stuff but now looking back on it, it seems like a whole diary of my education this past year and really shows how much I have improved and it’s definitely become something very meaningful to me. I am going to be missing getting class time and class assignments related to posting onto a blog portfolio ( EXTREMELY SHOCKING I KNOW).

So with progress, it definitely takes a lot less time to make a keynote or an iMovie and even blog posts with the experience throughout the year and I feel like it is definitely a skill that will help me throughout my entire life and I am so grateful for that. I remember when we were first introduced to these new ways of documenting work and it took literally FOREVER and it was hard and tedious work and sooooo confusing but through that, I learned and improved and learned how to make it faster and learned the different tools.

Now here comes the grim part… my past goals…. so I know that time management is a huge habit, struggle and barrier like my whole life, not only with homework and school but also things like chores and I think that if I could break through this barrier, I could become the best person I could ever be both in work ethics and educationally because no matter how smart anyone is, if they have this problem then it seem like it’s very hard to succeed in anything.

Honestly, I have seen many people that do so well in school that I know I can do better than and they are hard working, are diligent and have an amazing work ethic and through that they recieve awards and are some of the best in class. It really makes me realize that the only reason I’m down here is not because I can’t but because I’m not trying hard enough.

My parents and teachers have been supportive about this and have tried helping me with this but I realized that this is a barrier I need to break through personally by myself with my own strength. I know I need a stronger motivation and drive to make me work and I will find it, other wise I think my highest potential capabilities would go to waste. Some times I feel like I’m not worth what I have but I read somewhere that If you feel like you’re not worth what you have and feel like you don’t have the right to deserve it, then work hard until you have earned that right. Don’t feel like someone deserves it more than you.

I know that educationally I am strong, but there are people in this world that don’t get the education I have been given and probably want and deserve it so much more than I do right now, so I guess the next step would be giving it my best and working hard to achieve my highest potential. It’s the biggest thing I need to get through in order to call myself a success.

Thank You so much for listening!

Blue Sky Post 2: COOLIO

THIS IS SOOOO COOL!! So I watched quite a lot of video’s about using latex… problem with it is it’s kind of hard to get it to make a smooth skin like texture the way I want it because it’s really tacky. I’m thinking of backing down on that idea and sticking to stage makeup.
I started off with trying out different things with just makeup on her face so it would compliment her features just to get an idea as to what looks good and what doesn’t. It turned out well on the first tine and she started looking slightly spanish or latino so I decided to stick with that ethnic background.

She has A very narrow and edgy structure to her face making it difficult to contour without making her look anorexic and makeup worked ok with her slightly narrow eyes and I decided straight and full eyebrows would compliment the whole look in general but decided to leave that for another day where we would incorporate glueing her eyebrows down. ^^

Note to self – Tightline top but NOT BOTTOM, and DO NOT highlight inner corners of eyes.

Blue sky Post 3 : PRATICE TRY/TAKE ONE

FIRST TRY went not bad actually! It turned out worse on camera because it picked up cakey and blotchy parts (because I used eyeshadow as a bronzer and it was not distributed through the brush evenly) But also the really defined the eyelid tape more than you see that we will fix but for the most part it turned out pretty well! She looks kinda classy and I did just go along with it as I went along so it wasn’t well planned out but it turned out ok.
I feel like next time I should try moulding the glue onto her eyebrows rather than just “glueing” it on because the thicker it was the better it looked but just using the stick made it hard to layer the thickness without wiping or scraping it off at the same time. Woah that was a long sentence.
Any ways I came up with this idea of REVERSE contouring! Basically instead of using a darker colour on places you would normally contour and my theory wad it would create the reverse effect making it stick out rather than sunk in! AND IT WORKED I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF! At this point Jolene is starting to get annoyed with helping me since I am constantly painting her face but yeah sorry Jo.
So so far so good people and see you for our final go NEXT WEEK!

Blue Sky Post 1 : FREAK OUT MODE

Come up with a question of your choice and choose your own project, get it approved and you are good to go but noooooooo I can’t even figure that out. I will say I am interested in things like nature, science, medical, art, crafts, illusions, makeup, and stage stuff but what do I dooooooo. 
I’m already behind with the panner and timeline thing so I AM ALREADY BEHIND AT THE BEGINNING OF THE PROJECT. 
YEEEEEEEP so I did not have a single clue on what to do so I freaked… and asked my teacher who helped me find a topic related to my interests. At first it was going to be redesigning a friends room to make it go from looking like a complete mess, to completely neat and cool. But I thought going to her house back and forth and getting all the supplies and stuff wouldn’t work well enough. 
So later I came up with a random thought where we were talking about bank robberies… so I was thinking WHAT IF YOU RE DESIGNED YOUR FACE SO YOU COULD DO IT WITHOUT BEING RECOGNIZED! So I decided to give one of my friends a complete makeover. I’m thinking maybe latex because her face structure is so narrow but the point is going to be trying to make her look like a completely different person. Anddddddddddd… APPROVED!!!

Changing roles and Building(ish)…gunpowderrrrrrrrr

Ok so one of the engineers and the other story-boarder decided they wanted to switch jobs so what ever but we got all the supplies now and we are slowly working towards our design… some things just aren’t working out and I don’t think I told you that we decided on building this machine with marble tracks! 
For looks this is gonna help a lot but one downside is the stuff we can do with it is a little limited but then again we get a head start on the actual building and efficiency (not that I think that’s necessarily going to help my group no offence) 
The blue prints are going well and I just finished the first version of the background song for the video that I made on garage band… it’s not bad but I don’t know. I do have to make it longer thats for sure since its only about 30 seconds long now. 
I also forgot to tell you that the engineers are experimenting with gunpowder for the project as a metaphor for the Boston Massacre but I don’t know if it’s going to work because … I don’t know but they are convinced it will so we will have to see haha.