Do Dreams tell the truth, past, or future?

I for one thing have to agree with Mercutio on the fact that dreams are just nonsense… I don’t exactly think I’m going to be chased around a building by a mud monster and escape with a car attached to a hot air balloon. Even though Romeo thinks they are true or have some kind of meaning, I find that with my own dreams, they are just strange things from my own imagination often affected by things that have happened, things that I know and stuff from books or movies. I feel like my dreams are just my imagination running wild.

Usually I don’t remember my dreams or they just don’t make sense at all… like sometimes I’m one person then suddenly I’m someone else looking through a different perspective, only I don’t realize it. Other times they just jump around everywhere like in one moment I’m in a building just walking, and then all of a sudden I’m a pirate… but it doesn’t seem weird when it transitions like that because I don’t even really realize it almost like I’ve been brainwashed.

I can’t say this is a fact, but what usually happened with me in the past was I would wake up at like 6:00, and then go back to bed and fall asleep but strangely have a dream where I actually knew it was a dream… then I would go and do the strangest craziest things like jumping off roofs because I knew it wasn’t real. Apparently, there is an entire subculture of people that practice this “Lucid Dreaming” using different methods to even control there dreams! When I was really little I had this theory that when I saw others in my dreams, they we were sharing that dream and seeing the same things so I believed I could contact them through my dreams sometimes asking them to wake me up!

I definitely love my dreams though not all of them, but I have to say that I don’t believe in dreams telling the future or past. To me, I just think that dreams are something that are made when my imagination just goes loose to think up whatever it wants… and then I just get dragged along! Don’t get me wrong though because this is just my opinion and I think dreams could maybe affect the future in a way that it either changes a persons way of seeing things or inspire them!

Sonnet

The Meadow

Warm earthy scents ride summers late breeze
The sound of splashes ripple through the free flowing glass
Bright rays of light seep through the tall trees
Splattering the light cast onto the grass

Soft tufts of white drift high in the air
Colourful jewels gleam in the meadow
A scene rolling out far a beauty so fair
But Fall cloaks the land with leaves and colours now mellow

The crisp cool airs soft scent tainted by autumn
Shadows of white drifts down in a cold daze
hiding behind winters spell summers day now forgotten
laying still beneath shades of white and blue she lays

before winters still faze of cold fades away
and spring blooms forth and shines the day