Do Dreams tell the truth, past, or future?

I for one thing have to agree with Mercutio on the fact that dreams are just nonsense… I don’t exactly think I’m going to be chased around a building by a mud monster and escape with a car attached to a hot air balloon. Even though Romeo thinks they are true or have some kind of meaning, I find that with my own dreams, they are just strange things from my own imagination often affected by things that have happened, things that I know and stuff from books or movies. I feel like my dreams are just my imagination running wild.

Usually I don’t remember my dreams or they just don’t make sense at all… like sometimes I’m one person then suddenly I’m someone else looking through a different perspective, only I don’t realize it. Other times they just jump around everywhere like in one moment I’m in a building just walking, and then all of a sudden I’m a pirate… but it doesn’t seem weird when it transitions like that because I don’t even really realize it almost like I’ve been brainwashed.

I can’t say this is a fact, but what usually happened with me in the past was I would wake up at like 6:00, and then go back to bed and fall asleep but strangely have a dream where I actually knew it was a dream… then I would go and do the strangest craziest things like jumping off roofs because I knew it wasn’t real. Apparently, there is an entire subculture of people that practice this “Lucid Dreaming” using different methods to even control there dreams! When I was really little I had this theory that when I saw others in my dreams, they we were sharing that dream and seeing the same things so I believed I could contact them through my dreams sometimes asking them to wake me up!

I definitely love my dreams though not all of them, but I have to say that I don’t believe in dreams telling the future or past. To me, I just think that dreams are something that are made when my imagination just goes loose to think up whatever it wants… and then I just get dragged along! Don’t get me wrong though because this is just my opinion and I think dreams could maybe affect the future in a way that it either changes a persons way of seeing things or inspire them!