Oregon Advertising Reflection

As I talked about previously , http://www.blog44.ca/zoew/2018/10/24/deep-cove-pound-and-grain-reflection/  we went to Oregon! It was so much fun and I felt like it was really educational as well.

While we were there we did a major project ona advertising. My group, Kira, Matthew, Liam, and myself, were partnered with a delicious restaurant called Nisa’s Thai Kitchen. (I would usually put a link here but they don’t have a website.) It had amazing Thai food .

Similarly to my last advertising post we made several drafts of our ads and hopefully improved upon each one.

Here’s my first draft:

The first draft had the logo in the middle , with the food inside the silhouette of the family. The image in the middle had to be bigger and the writing had to be moved. It wasn’t very linear. So I improved..

My next draft was a better. The fixes were fixed. With the drawing in the middle, people either loved it or hated it. I got not-so-helpful comments like, “it looks like you cut the people in half” or “ it looks like vomit” but I’d like to think I took them with some disregard.

Next we had peer review time. Here were my comments.

My next ad was hopefully better.

NOPE. Ew. What is that. I tried so many different colors. They all looked nasty. Let’s move on shall we.

This looks better. This was very similar to my final draft was this one was a little bit sloppier. I changed the vomit family to a solid silhouette and changed the background.

Final draft. Lots of problems, prayers, and dreams fulfilled with a simple draft. I’m fairly proud of it but I think I could have improved slightly more.

Overall, I enjoyed the project and the opportunity to work with a real  business. I hope you enjoyed the post and tonight, I feel like ending with a quote that sums up this project fairly well….

“Here comes the sun, here comes the sun, and I say, it’s all right…”

– Zoe

4 thoughts on “Oregon Advertising Reflection

1. Whats up Zoe I like your 4th ad draft. I like the wooden plank background. Just a question though what was the difference between your fourth ad draft and the final ad?

2. I really like how in all of your ads you had a family holding hands. I think that it really shows that Nisan Thai kitchen is a family friendly place. I also like how the logo makes it look like the family is at home (with it looking like a roof). Did you mean to do that?