Weekly Reflection 4

Hello and welcome back to this week’s edition of my weekly blog posts. Wait, let’s give it another go. Hello, ciao, aloha my friends. It’s week four here on Not a Sheep’s new weekly tradition of formative blog posts, and we’re feeling hyped. If you’re new to these posts, get ready for some chaos, as I am still working out how I want these to turn out. 

This week we focused on getting our podcast mostly finished. I definitely felt like I was proud of parts of it, but I know I could push it further. The peer critique we did on Wednesday helped me get it to the point where I would be comfortable sharing it with other people, but I want it to be better than comfortable. I want to be proud to show how hard I’ve worked on my podcast, but I don’t know how to get it there. I’m really looking forward to the feedback I will be getting from my teacher on Monday, so that I can feel 100% ready to show unTraditional’s first episode off. 

We’ve been discussing the Greatest Canadian recently and watching the show, The Greatest Canadian. So far we’ve watched the episode on Terry Fox and Tommy Douglas. I decided to take it a step further, and watch the episode that I think interested me most. This episode was on John A. Mac Donald. I missed grade nine, and felt like this would help improve my knowledge on the things I missed out on last year. 

John A. Mac Donald Video

This episode was honesty not good. The episode on Tommy Douglas inspired me as a Canadian, this one made me feel like Canadian history was founded on the shoulders of a very intelligent drunk. The woman also felt uncomfortable and like she was begging us to vote for John A. instead of convincing us. 

I definitely learned what not to do when I do the final revisions on my podcast. Although I enjoyed the episode, my favourite Canadian posed by this program still remains Tommy Douglas, the founder of Canadian Medicare. 

On Friday’s class, we did a literary comprehension assignment. We read a story by Edgar Allen Poe and I enjoyed it more than I could have anticipated. It was thrilling and inspired me to learn more about the man behind the poem, and read some of his other poetry. I watched a video about his life story, and I had no idea that his death was such a mystery. It’s ironic that the man behind the trope of the introspective detective left behind such a cryptic death.

I felt like I learned a lot this week, and having this weekly opportunity to reflect and go deeper is one I appreciate, but I definitely could improve upon how I use it. I hope you enjoyed this weeks post, and I’ll see you next week!