Making Ungodly Mistakes and Abominations

“Well, that’s all the time we had for our movie. We hope you found it entertaining, whimsical and yet relevant, with an underlying revisionist conceit that belied the films emotional attachments to the subject matter.” “I just hoped you didn’t think it sucked.”-Wayne’s World

Animal experimentation. Mutation. Mutilation. Murder. A room full of bodies hanging from the rafters. Movies. What do these horrible things have in common? This may shock you, but PLP does all of these things in a ritualistic sacrifice to learn the driving question of “How do we make our message clear and engaging to an audience” in the latest Humanities project “Rise of the Frankenstuffies!”

This project was about writing a story for a stuffie you created out of other stuffies. However, to make it, you need to sew. Unfortunately, I am not a very accomplished sewer, so this was a challenge; a very difficult, very pokey challenge. In the end, I ended up sewing his legs on backwards. Good thing I’m not a surgeon!

After we created our Frankenstuffie, we then were tasked with creating a story. This story had to reflect the hero’s journey. To plan it out, we made a character summary and resume where we detailed the character’s backstory and who it was. This helped to flesh out my Frankenstuffie’s personality. 

From there, we began to work on the plot. We created a theme statement and a summary of our hero’s journey. This helped to understand where are story started and where it was going.  

Then, from the rough outline of the first story we were tasked with picking a specific part of the hero’s journey to create into a movie. I chose Tests, Allies and Enemies Part 1 and 2. In the end, I wrote out my whole story, just for fun.

Let’s go check out my story:

Frankenstuffie Story

The end.

Wow, that was a truly amazing story. Now, let’s hop over to the movie theatre and watch the movie adaptation. This was my first time using a green screen before, and so it was a bit of a challenge to get everything right. In the end, I didn’t get everything right, I know how to use a green screen, which will probably help me in the future.

Wow, looks like Oscar goes to… me!

Let’s look at some of the less good previous drafts.

Wow, those were definitely not as awesome as the final draft! In the first draft, I didn’t have as much control over Maroon’s actions, but in the later drafts I conscripted the help of my sister so one of us could record and the other could move Maroon around.

In this project, I learned many things. I learned that puppeteering is not for me, I learned that I should never preform surgery, I learned how to use a green screen, and, most importantly, I learned that even I can win an Oscar.

Also, you can give me feedback here: link

Ok, Bye!