A New Creation

During the process of studying the industrial revolution, researching about DNA, discovering new ways to use iMovie, creating our Frankenstuffies and writing a story to go with them, and finally, putting it all together in a movie, I have learned a lot.

Going into this project I had only used iMovie a few times before and my knowledge about it was not very wide. I learned a lot about editing video clips to the perfect length as well as inserting my own music from garage band. I integrated science into my project by talking about how the DNA of one organism could be mixed with another creating a genetic mutation. During the Industrial Revolution people were always combining different creations to make them better, just like we did when making our frankenstuffies. Next time I know that I should manage my time better. Also I next time I would change how I filmed my movie so that the clips weren’t as shaky . Overall, I learned a lot about iMovie, genetic mutations, and the industrial revolution.

A New Creation (Creative Writing)

I was inspired by the power that each of these animals posses and by combing these animals, I was able to create a unique creature that could control the animal kingdom. Also could be used as an animal of war, something so powerful, that it could fight against machines. The three animals I chose to combine were a dragon, a polar bear, and a lion, each animal posses a unique power. The polar bear was used for its mighty strength, the dragon was used for its strong wings, and the lion was used for its keen sense and powerful voice.

A New Creation
Many people have tried to master the art of genetically engineering a new species. All of failed. The day this creature was created was a brilliant day for mankind. It was a blustery spring day in London. The year was 1754, it was the year the Bealyon was created.
The streets of London were never busy anymore. Not since the war had started. Most people had left the city to go help their country fight in this dreadful war. The creation would be powerful enough to defeat everyone else and end this war once and for all. It would be something that nobody else would have.
All of the scientists had gathered in a small park in the heart of London. Together the scientists brainstormed ideas about what they could possibly create that the enemies would not have. “Well what if we used animals against them like a bear or a lion?” One quiet scientist piped in. “Alone they would do nothing against the machines, but maybe if it wasn’t just one animal.” Another scientist added. “What if we found a way to combine the DNA of a few animals. We could make an unstoppable beast,” the first scientist said. All of the scientists thought this was crazy, but they went along with it and went to finding the DNA of three different animas.
Lots of hard work went into finding the right pieces to create their genetic mutation. The head of a lion was chosen for its keen sense and furious roar. The body of a bear was chosen for its built body shape and ability to knock a man over with one swipe of its paw. Finally to complete the creation the strong wings of a bird were used so the beast could fly away from battle if needed. And thus the Bealyon was created, becoming a positive genetic mutation that would change the world for ever. Whether that would be for good or bad.