Science Reflection

imageThrough term one, science was not my strongest course, but I always knew that I needed to try my best. I feel like my best work was my genetic mutation project that we did at the beginning of the year. Before we started this project we did a unit all on genetic mutations and how they can effect and organism. Once we had learned about that, we then chose a genetic mutation of our choice to look more into and later on create a project all about this mutation. Before starting my project I first decided what format I wanted to choose for this project, I chose eximageplain everything. Then I researched facts as well as pictured to fit into my presentation. After that I put it all together in paragraphs and created my presentation.

I did have some troubles throughout the project. For example, I found it challenging to find pictures that fit in nicely with what I was talking about. It took a lot of my time to find picturyes for this particular topic. Also when doing a project I always find it challenging to start it because it takes some time for me to create an idea of what it can do. I found it quite easy to find and write down facts about my topic and I think that researching would be considered one of my strengths when it comes to science projects.

Quizzes have always been a weakness of mine. I find it difficult to try and remember all that we have learned in the last unit and then spit it all out in one hour. For me, I much prefer to show my learning with projects because I think that it showcases my learning better. I would definitely say that doing projects is one of my strengths when it comes to science. For the remainder of the year I have set a goal to be able to openly talk about what we have learned in the last unit without having a problem.