Final Outcome

After all the hard work we put into making this project, our group has finally come out with a working machine. It may not look the prettiest, but it functions properly. This past week our group work hard to complete this. We had a few bumps along the road.

Our final drafts of the blueprints are completed. We had to adjust some things when it came to placements of some parts of the machines. When we were placing the final pieces on, we had to move some things around and change some measurements so that our machine could function smoothly and properly.

Although our machine does not look the prettiest, it works well. If I could change anything about it, it would be how it looks. Our group is looking towards making this machine look presentable now that it works properly. IMG_1521

This week I believe I contributed a fair amount. I created the clay people and put the iMovie together with a some help from Kirby. Creating the iMovie was harder then I expected it to be. We had plenty of clips from the beginning of of our building process, but not many for the end of the machine.

I believe that our group worked hard on this project and came out with a successfully working machine, although it may not be the prettiest in the group.

Creating a Small Business

In class we are starting a project called the Blue Sky Project. Each person had to choose a big idea and driving question to research for our project, then we have to create something for our final product to show what we have learned. The options for what we could inquire for this project were endless.image

The process of finding the perfect idea for this project took some time. I had to do a lot of brainstorming to come up with this final idea. Also I had to go through some bad ideas first before I finally came up with my idea. For this project I have to decided to see how you could create a sustainable business. My driving questions for this project are, Is Deep Cove a good market to create a new business for selling cupcakes? How do I create a business using Deep Cove as a market place?

After finding my final idea, I created a timeline to help me know when I need to get each piece of work done. This timeline lists all of the steps I need to take in order to complete this project successfully.image

I will be getting people to take surveys on what kind of cupcakes they like. This will give me an idea of what products to out into this business. Also I will be finding aspects of Deep Cove that would make it a good place to sustain a business like this. Next I will be creating a business pitch to create of business like this. And finally tying it all together in a commercial for advertisement.

The process I will need to go through to create a final outcome and answer to my driving question will be challenging and will take a lot of effort, but I believe that the outcome will be successful.