Overall This Year

Overall this year I believe I have definitely improved a lot in many areas. For example I feel more confident with public speaking, my writing, movie making, and work habits. My blue sky project was a very big and important individual project that I recently completed. I have compared it to the frankenstuffie project we did at the beginning of the year. I have I ,proved a lot when it comes to creating an iMovie. For example the frankenstuffie video wasn’t the best and I was still I learning how to use iMovie.

Now that I know more about iMovie I found it easier to create videos such as my blue sky project short video I created.

Also I feel like I am a little better at coming up with ideas for projects. At the beginning of the year I had a lot of difficulties producing creative and innovative ideas, where as now I find it much easier. Also I believe they are a lot better now then they were at the beginning of the year.

Some aspects of my work have gotten better and better as the year progressed. I am becoming proud of more and more of my work now. A project that we recently completed was the metaphor machine project where we creating a working machine full of metaphors, a iMovie showing our progress and working machine, and a blueprint. This was a group project and I feel that I worked well in this group. Building has always been a weakness of mine. I am not the best when it comes to hands on work, so to be able to create a functioning machine with the help of my group members I felt very accomplished and proud of this project. Also I believe they the iMovie I created with a few of the other group members is definitely one of the best movies I have created this year so far.

As you probably all know by now, public speaking has always been a weak point of mine. I get nervous and shaky and tend to not be the best I can be. But when I presented my ethical debate I felt confident and prepared. I am definitely most proud of the debate we showed to the class. It was a real turning point in public speaking for me.

Sea world Debate Video

In the creation of filming some clips for our ethic debate videos, we actually were able to travel to the place where our conflict was centred around. Our group got to go to Sea World in San Diego to get some great footage of the sea animals and exclusive interviews with some trainers.

When we were in San Diego, our group worked extremely well to make sure we had everything planned out ahead of time before we went into the park, as well as making sure we got everything we needed in Sea World.

When we got back home and started putting our movie together, we realized that we were running low on usable footage. I knew for next time to always get more footage then you think you might need. Although our group worked pretty well together to make sure we had all of the voice overs completed and all the editing done.

We had to go through some serious revisions to get our final product where it is now. I feel like next time I do a project like this, I will make sure to get lots of feedback along the way so we can fix any problems before hand rather then having to fix all these problems when it is due.

Apartheid EE

Taking a trip to San Diego was definitely a highlight of my year. During that trip we got to go to a fantastic high school where we worked with other students to create an explain everything showing a conflict. Our groups conflict was the Apartheid. While working in San Diego we had quite a few difficulties creating our EE (explain everything). Although in the end it turned out fine.

After coming home from the trip we were told to do some revisions. Since out EE wasn’t the best, we basically re created the whole thing. It took a lot of time and effort but we eventually came out with a final product. Although we had quite a few technical difficulties that slowed us down a little.

Our group worked really well together to make sure that we had the EE fully completed and ready to present on time. It still wasn’t the best, but it sure was a lot better then our first draft of it. Also I am not the best at working with EE, so I plan to improve my skills on that app for future projects.

Everything Came Together

During the process of creating our machine, we had quite a few bumps along the way. Things fell apart, other parts didn’t work, and most importantly our machine was probably the ugliest machine out of all the groups. But our group worked hard together to make sure that our machine functioned properly, and so people could actually look at it without their eyes bleeding.

Creating the blueprint was one of the easier parts. Most other groups adapted their blueprint to their machine. We adapted our machine to our blueprint. It may to have been the smartest thing to do in the amount of time we and, but everything worked out well.

Our movie came out better then we all expected. Although we still don’t have the best ending to it. Everyone worked really well together to make sure we had plenty of footage for the movie by filming almost every step we did in the process of creating our machine.

Finally the building of our machine was probably the most challenging. It started out pretty difficult because we honestly didn’t really know where to start. Everyone in our group helped a ton with the building of our machine, even if it wasn’t their job. I felt like I was almost more of an engineer then a story teller with the amount of help I put into building the machine.

Overall I believe our machine turned out pretty well. It functions properly, we have a completed blueprint and movie, and of course it is no longer an ugly machine. Which I think we can all say is a good thing. I’m happy with the outcome of our machine, although I feel like if our group had managed our time better, our machine could have been even better.

Blue Sky Final

After lots of hard work, I finally completed my blue sky project. It took lots of hard work, revision, and brainstorming for my project to be fully finished. I creaimageted a short movie, a business pitch form, and put it all together on a poster board. Also I made some pretty delicious cupcakes, but unfortunately they didn’t make it to the exhibition. imageimage

On the night of the exhibition, I had my final project up and ready to present. I feel that I did well when it came to thinking up answers to some of the questions people were asking me on the spot. Although I had a few business people come by and ask me some pretty challenging questions that I just didn’t have the answers to. For next years exhibition I plan to be more prepared in advance to answer some challenging questions so I never leave a person wondering more.

When it came to time management, I was good during the first few days of the project, but then I got a little behind in it. Managing my time is definitely something I need to work on. Overall I believe that I put slot of effort into this project to make sure my final outcome was great. I am planning next years project to be even better.

image

The Legacy of Frontenac

During the development of New France, there were lots of important people who left a legacy behind them in the making. One of those people was Comte de Frontenac, also know as Louis de Buade. He was the most famous governor of France. Some of the most important changes came to New France while Comte de Frontenac was in office.

Frontenac wanted to expand New France westwards, he made his idea happen by sending out explorers past the main settlements of Quebec. His role of governor lasted from 1672 to 1682, and then again from 1689 to 1698. Also Frontenac had expanded the fur trade towards the Great Lakes and westwards as well.

In the year or 1696 he led an army with over two thousand soldiers into Iroquois territory. However, when the army got there, the Iroquois had already burned down their own village and fled. This was w major turning point in New France making it safe of the possible threat from the Iroquois. Frontenac was known well by all after this. A few years after he was on power, the Iroquois and the French signed a peace treaty. Because of Frontenac’s success as governor, the governors after hum did not have to worry about attacks form the Iroquois.

After being governor once, and then being reinstated as governor again, Frontenac had plenty of time to leave a lasting legacy behind as well as make a great difference in the development of New France. Without him there could still have been a feud between the French and the Iroquois. He changed and developed New France for the better.

Creation of Cupcakes

My blue sky project is coming along well. Over the past week I have collected all of my data from a survey I did about what kind of cupcakes people like, I have interviewed business owners on how they started there business and the obstacles they had to pass to be where they are now. Also I have created a short video of making and tasting cupcakes in the style of a cooking contest.

I made this video because when people are first opening up a food business, they need others to test the food first to see if it is any good. This video shows myself and a few others doing exactly that. I created it in the style of a cooking contest.

While I was making the cupcakes and the movie, I had to change a few things along the way. My outcome was not what my original plan was. Since my time and resources were limited for this part, I had to adapt a few things to make it work. It didn’t help that I didn’t get the filming and baking finished until 12:00 Friday night.

My goal is to complete my project by the end of this week and have it done well. At the pace I am going I should have everything completed.