By Brooklyn

Hello to anyone reading this! This is my first post and I was given the opportunity to talk about anything I wanted to. Therefor, I decided to talk about my gecko! This year I have worked hard to buy myself a radical Crested Gecko, and today I will tell you seven fascinating facts about him.

My Halloween Crested Gecko!

First off, Tequila, which is my gecko’s name, cherishes watermelon flavoured food more than anything. I don’t have an explanation as to why this happens,  but the more you know?

Secondly, Tequila, like most reptiles, can’t blink. Instead he licks his eyes to keep them moist and the wipe away dirt.

The More You Know!

Moving on, although it may come as a surprise, fire ants are Crested Gecko’s number one predators. This is then followed by dogs, cats, snakes and other geckos. Another fascinating fact about Crested Gecko’s is that they were thought to be extinct but were rediscovered in 1994. If you’ve seen a video of a monkey, you’ll they have prehensile tails. This means their tails are capable of grasping things. Crested geckos can do this too! This helps them with climbing. Another interesting fact about Crested geckos is that they can’t regenerate their tails.Furthermore, if your ever encounter one in the wild, they most likely won’t have one since they drop their tails to distract predators. Lastly, since these geckos are arboreal (lives in the trees) they have very sticky feet and double jointed toes to help with jumping from branch to branch.