Roadman Podcast Word Definitions

This is the I will write out the definitions for words I teach in my podcast Blud, Bet & tings, Link at the bottom of the page

Episode 1

Mandem is a term used to describe a gang, so you could say me and my mandem are gonna grab a cheeky nandos. The word mandem could also be used in a lighter context to mean a group of friends.

Ting is a word that can mean many things that changed with different prefixes, so an example of this is you can refer to a person as a ting like “that boy is a leng ting” but you can also say “last nights party was a wild ting” so it can almost be used in any situation with any context if accompanied by a prefix.

Peng is a word used for someone attractive so you could say “that ting was Peng bruv” wich would be saying someone is attractive. 

Blud is a word for someone you don’t know well enough to call them fam, and fame means someone you are well aquatinted with or friends with.

Bet is a way of saying yes or agreeing to something, an example of this could be “do you want to hang out later” and then you could respond with “bet” to say yes.

Episode 2

Allow it, this is a phrase used to tell someone to stop doing something or leave it alone, so if someone’s trying to stop you from doing something you could say allow it bruv.

Ends, this means where someone is from so if someone is coming into your area you could say get out of man’s ends innit.

Innit, as you can probably guess this is simply just a contracted or short version of isn’t it.

Safe, is a word that is mostly used to say something is good or cool like that ting is safe bruv.

Wasteman, is a rude or mean term to describe someone annoying or acting silly like you could say blud is a wasteman styll.

Styll, doesn’t mean much but it can be added to any sentence, it sort of mean for real or actually, it’s just confirming something.

Episode 3

Cut is a word used to replace go in a sentence so an example is “let’s cut to the lunch hall” or “this party is boring I’m gonna cut”

Butters, butters is a mean or insulting term for someone who isn’t attractive or ugly, I wouldn’t recommend using this word often

Geezer, this word is also used in Cockney rhyming slang and can be a good or made way to describe a man like “what’s that geezer over there doing”

Whip, you may be familiar with this word it’s something you call a car like you could say “Oi bruv check out my new whip” to show off a new car

Bait, this is something that is obvious or annoying like if someone is trying to use roadman slang without knowing the actual meaning.