MY MPOL

Hello everyone and today is the day

I talk about my growth as a learner in PLP and my up and downs throughout this first semester.

First I would like to start with the stuff I am most proud of and with that lets get started.

The first class I would like to talk about is Maker I would like to start off with my favourite thing I have done. Then I will talk about my favourite humanities work. Then my favourite scimatics work, Then after that I will tell you my favourite projects and don’t worry I’ll make it snappy.

The work I am most proud of is my ability to take pictures and tell a story. The assignment for this work was called composing composition where we basically set up angles on something to tell a story, here is my work. 

In these pictures I am telling a story so let me talk about the one above. The one above is telling a story about how big Tom is and how he is as a person and as you see by his reaction of his face he’s a bit foolish. For the one on the top tells you how much I love my shoe I am basically giving it a glow up of how comfortable it is and how great it is to use outside. Its almost like and advertisement!

Now speaking of advertisements my favourite piece of work I’ve ever done in Humanities was my advertisement I did for covert cafe. It was my favourite because I got to show my ability of growth in my work for example I did 14 copies of my own individual ad. Which then led to giving an idea for the big advertisement that our group made and here is the one that our Group made.

The goal for this ad was to add an octopus and also, try and get people to buy there marketing products the thing that was difficult in this was that we had to make up our own slogan and we were searching for about two class’s to find the slogan which you see above. But, all in all thats what work I am most proud of.

The thing I am most proud of for Scimatics is a reflection I did on a ray optic simulator on a iPad. The assignment was to make aright triangle on this simulation then measure out the triangle and to figure out the equation for the Pythagorean theorem I figured out the two legs and the hypotenuse. Then after that I measure out the angles to show my work. After that to show if its a right triangle I square each of the legs then I put them together then I square the hypotenuse, then I see if the two legs squared together equals the hypotenuse squared to see if it is a complete right triangle. For mine it was very close but it was not a perfect right triangle but, thats not what I was proud of its the way I reflected on it.  Here is the sheet

Now for my favourite projects I will do them in the same order Maker, Humanities, then Scimatics. 

Now, my favourite project for maker was the constructive creative communication. In this project we split the class in to two and one of the spilt class was called Hergzog where we basically took pictures and told story’s in them. That’s why this project is called constructive creative communication because the point of this project was to be able to creatively communicate with your peers. The other side was called Carr where we learned how to communicate with an apple pencil on the iPad this was my favourite project because I really learned how to communicate creatively here is some stuff.

For humanities my favourite project was the one we have just recently finished the project working with words it was my favourite project because I really got to express myself through writing which is something I enjoy doing. The thing that struck me most in this project was making an ebook it was so fun to make a book on a iPad like who would’ve thought that you could create a book on an iPad. Here is my ebook. EBOOK

My favourite project for scimatics was the laser laws project because I feel I really excelled in the math and science but, not only that our board that we made was crazy good.

It was so good because we had everything needed and we added cool additions to the board thats why it was my favourite project. The thing that got me most excited was the laser display here is some media from the project.

Now last but not least I will be talking about my downs in PLP but, I don’t want to call them downs because they help me get to where I am today I will do the same order Maker, Humanities then Scimatics. For maker the assignment that I didn’t excel in was my big life journal and that’s because I was not writing the correct stuff because I was to afraid to ask questions and otherwise I did not struggle much in maker. What I learned from not asking questions is to ask questions when I don’t understand.

Now for humanities the thing that I struggled with was reflecting on the outsiders worldview more specifically Darry’s worldview because in the you vs who I did not really think enough to right down the correct answer. I learned from this by always asking for examples of stuff I can build off of which I have done may times now and it really helps me. Otherwise I did not struggle with Humanities.

For Scimatics the thing I struggled with was the project tectonic chances because in the building process with the board I was being a bit lazy because I was not being my creative fancy, high expectation self and it showed in the board. I’ve learned from this by always putting in 100% no matter what.  

All in all what I have learned in PLP is to work with a group and its okay to make mistakes just revise and do your best. But, I have also learned something else and it’s my teachers favourite quote. It’s a John Dewey, the quote is you don’t learn from experience you learn from reflecting on it. 

Thanks CameronBR