Pre-POL

Hello everyone! This is a special post, in which I will be reflecting on my work, kind of like an MPOL or TPOL. This is actually called the PrePOL, which we were supposed to present to our parents, but we didn’t have enough time, so we just had to make a post about it. 

My answer to the driving question: What strategies can I use to maintain balance in my life and support my own well-being? Well first of all, there are many, many strategies that we can use. Task managers such as Things can be very helpful. It can also help a lot to create a Calendar. In this project, we had to use both of those tools. Here are a few screenshots of my before and after of both of them.

As you can see, before I started using them, I had nothing in there! After, I had everything. From my activities to my schoolwork, I really improved on my well-being and project management. I think that my favourite thing about Things, is that you have all of your stuff in one place, it is easy to access through widgets, and it has so many different options for organizing things to do. Calendar is just great in general, you can have a widget on your Lock Screen, and it is super easy to use. 

So what worked for me? What will keep me doing this? And what will I need to drop to be a successful learner? I LOVED the daily activities, and I need to keep doing them. I think also getting into the habit of checking Things and Calendar at the start of each day is fantastic. I think that having stuff in both my Things and Calendar to update both of them can keep me doing this, especially if it is repeated both daily and weekly (Weekly to-do’s!) I don’t believe that I need to drop anything, but if it is something, it can be going climbing when I don’t absolutely have to. During a big project, I think I could cut my climbing down to 2 days or 3 days a week. 

I believe that I achieved proficiency in this project, because I did everything that was asked, and I did revisions whenever needed. I really need to make sure that I read the criteria every time before I hand it in, because I have a bad habit of just handing it in with the stuff my teachers explained in class. Sometimes, there is an extra little part of it that I miss, and I get either a mountain climber or revision. 

Anyways, that’s all for today, I hope you enjoyed my mini POL. Have a great rest of your day!