How to Pick Your First Switch!

Hello people!

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, I could not build my custom keyboard because some of the parts had not arrived in time (Feb 4th).  However, when it does come, I will make a blog post not related to this project.

In this blog post I will talk about how to find your perfect switch.

Like said before in a previous blog post, there are 2 different sound signatures, clacky and thoccy.  Thoccy keyboards (I prefer), have a lower sound signature whilst clacky keyboards produce a higher sound signature.

There are 3 different types of switches, with the 1st one being linear (my personal favourite.)  Linear switches are a more softer switch that most gamers use because of their consistency.  If you like linear switches, I suggest the Gatereon Black Inks (more expensive) or the Gatereon yellows (more budget-friendly).

The next type of switch is called tactile, they are moderately loud and are the most popular out of the switch types.  I recommend the Holy Pandas, like the Gatereon black inks, they sound very nice but are quite expensive. Another good tactile switch is the Glorious Pandas, they are based on the holy pandas and are quite loud and snappy and are good for gaming.

The last type of switch is what you probably think of custom keyboards, clicky switches.  They are the most loud and obnoxious out of all of them.  I would suggest Kalih Box Jades if you like clicky switches, they are very crisp and nice to type on.

If you are looking for the best switch, there isn’t one, it is all based on preference.  Anyways, I hope you enjoyed.

-Chris