DꓯNIƎꓶ WIꓛꓘSꓕONƎ

“Just Max”

The overall theme of Don’t Get Caught is one I saw myself being interested in right from the briefing of this project. The fact that it’s about a group of boys and is to do with pranks is enough to get me – a teenage boy – on board. No wonder they say it’s the perfect book for a teenage boy! Also, the teaser included on the back of the book reveals the main character is framed and seeks revenge, and that’s the kind of plot I can’t help but want to read for myself.

Seeing as this is the little information we get about the book, I predict that at some point in the book, most likely at the end, the main character (who I now know is named Max) will get his revenge on the infamous Chaos Club. However, that is a relatively obvious plot, so if I was to think a little deeper, I’d end up wondering if Max is really the type of guy to seek a harsh revenge. So far, I’m really enjoying the book, I mean, I’m only a couple chapters deep but surprisingly, I’m looking forward to reading, and for once, actually finishing a book.

For our first literature circle period we were tasked with creating 3, short videos each depicting a scene in chapters 1-5. Alivia, Jamie, Lucas and I made a plan of what scenes we were going to do for our videos, keeping in mind the different camera angles we could use to make the videos more interesting. The first video was more or less my idea and I was pretty excited to see how it would turn out. It included me taping my phone to my chest to create a sort of makeshift GoPro to give the first person POV we wanted. This scene was probably the strongest of the 3, mainly because the most time was spent on it. The second scene was relatively straightforward and was only one, simple shot. For the third and final video we had quite a few characters to play, so we had to get some help from Ms. Maxwell to act as a character and Morgan to film. Overall I definitely think we could have used our time better, our planning time was sort of wasted in some part due to the fact that some of our ideas were outlandish and absolutely impossible. Next time I would dial it back a bit and focus on the quality of each scene, worrying more about the different angles and perspectives rather than the scene itself.

danielw • September 8, 2018