mPols – Mid-Year Presentation of Learning

So far, Grade 9 has been an awesome and unique experience for me. I’ve gotten to work on some incredible projects and had a great time on our field study to Calgary. I also feel that I have learned many things since September, including everything from Canadian history to team building skills. Now that the year is already half done, it’s time to reflect back on some of that learning and share some of my work highlights, areas of improvement, and skills I have acquired.

My Work Highlights

One of the things I like about PLP is the opportunity to produce high quality work that I can be proud of creating. Throughout Grade 9, there have been many opportunities to use and demonstrate my learning in engaging ways, but here are some examples that I feel stand out:

1. My Frankenstuffie Project

2. My Lab Saftey Video

Areas I have Improved in a lot 

In the time I have been in PLP and even the in time I’ve been in Grade 9, I have improved in many areas of learning. One of these which has been a struggle of mine for quite some time is team work. In recent projects, I have learned to let go of some control in order to work better with my team, and feel it has also helped our finished projects become more diverse and well put together. Here are some examples of my improvements throughout Grade 9:

1. Metaphor Machines

2. Starwars Exhibition

New Skills I have Learned

I am actually quite amazed in how many new skills I have developed over the past few months, and how much they have helped me in my learning. Some of these include video making techniques, how to be flexible with changes, and even how to manage simple tasks better. Here are some examples of where I have learned and applied my new skills:

1. Calgary Videos

2. Board Game Project

Goals for the Future

In the past 4 months, I have improved greatly in many areas and learned many valuable skills, but there is still room for growth. For the rest of the year, I have set some goals that I wish to achieve and feel will help progress my learning even farther. They include:

1. Be more receptive to new ideas when working with a team

2. Make and follow through with plans for big projects

3. Pay closer attention for small details and make sure to account for them