My Writing Prompt

What is a story of transformation that impacted me?

One story of transformation that has always had an impact on me is that of my father and his career. We have always been similar; liking the same activities and thinking in the same ways. The thing I find most similar between us however is our work ethic and how we won’t give up when something matters. Yet, he was a different person in high school. For the majority of secondary and elementary school, he had quite poor grades. He was always a smart person, creating projects on his own time, but he just didn’t care about academics. He didn’t see the value in what he was being taught and had no clue what his future would be like. This lead to him having no particular goals and thus no reason to try. Yet, in university he was given the opportunity of a Medical Degree and suddenly he was a changed man. He studied vigorously for months on end and made it his prime goal. This eventually lead to the career he still succeeds in today. The reason this inspires me is because even though I am academically strong, I sometimes fear I won’t be able to grow in to the person I will need to be for my future. Whenever I think back to this story my dad told me though, it reminds me that even someone who wasn’t applied to school can transform and persevere through hard work.