The Science of Light

In science class we learned about light. Pretty straight forward so far. We basically learned about how it works and moves who proved some theory’s about light such as Ibn al Hatham, who proved that light travels in a straight line. We watched a couple videos on how light works and those were pretty interesting. We also learned about how you can manipulate light and refract or reflect it.image

(Pink Floyd “Dark Side of the Moon” Album cover.)

So of course we also had a project that we had to do, that represented what we know about light and we also have to show the story of how raven brought the light (It’s native story of the sun and moon and stars are there). It was a very open ended project and I did not know what I was doing until like a week or two after our teacher explained it to us. I personally wasn’t very  excited about the project and I was still quite confused about it, just mainly I didn’t understand it very well. At first the project was going to be due on the 17th of June, then our other teacher told our science teacher that she wanted it be shown at this exibition with my other two projects (You will here how about those more in my other posts) so for it to be shown at the exhibition it had to be moved back to the 15th of June which we weren’t very happy about because we want as much time as possible to finish it. I thought that my project could have been improved just because I felt that this past month or so my focus has not been as good as it could have been and I haven’t been doing my best work.

image

So that is my science project on light.

(Sorry I did not have any pictures of the project itself)