DNA, Eh

In science class, we had a whole unit that was based around DNA and genetics. I had only learned the basics of genetics in grade 9, so I was expecting to go into a lot more depth. While we learned about everything we were told what our end project was going to be, and that was if a pair of Identical male twins met a pair of identical female twins, and they both married and had kids, would they look the same? I’m hoping you understood that, as I am not sure how to explain that without talking to somebody in person. So what we did is learn about how genetics are split up between parents. That was the main focus of this unit, we learned about genotypes, phenotypes, and a bunch of other really big words that mean important things in science. I could explain all of this but I made a video that goes into detail on the whole unit.

The podcast was supposed to explain everything about genetics as if it were to somebody who had never learned about it ever, and still answer the question.  We also had to incorporate some comedy of some sort to make it interesting. That is what apple bottom jeans is played at one part. I think that the podcast turned out well as it displayed my learning throughout the unit.

Anyways I thought that I leaned quite a lot from this unit as I show in this mindmap.