They Keep Changing the Name, Eh

Once again the name has changed, what used to be SLC, then was TPOL is Now MPOL, but I guess we’re still using TPOL for the end of the year. Anyways that’s not the point of this blog post, the point of this blog post is to talk about what I am going to be doing for my mPOL. This year there is a different format than past years. This year in my opinion involves a little bit more thought then past years. This year I am supposed to talk about the work that I have done this year, how I am proud of it or not proud of it, and how my skills have improved.

I am going start with an assignment at the beginning of the year. Which was my blog post on the WWI unit. I found it was not the best blog post I could produce but was definitely one of the better ones that I have done.

WWI Soldiers, Eh

I spent a lot of time on that project, and I learned a lot about my great grandfather, and it was one of the most interesting units in school I’ve ever done.

The next project I am going to talk about I was also proud of but mainly because it was just fun to make it. That project happens to be one that I did in science class, and it was focused on work safety and basically what not to do in a science class. It was mainly a lot of fun becuase of the humour we  added into the video we made.

I have another project that I was very proud of, and that was the group project that I did on aboriginal rights. With this project it especially made me proud after my teacher, my group members and I talked to Brad Baker who works for the school board. After we talked to him it told me that my group and we had done a good job on our essay, on that unit. That project involved a lot of good teamwork, as my group and I communicated a lot and divided all off the work we had to do. I also felt I showed a little bit of leadership in that project as I was named DRI, and I helped make important decisions.

Aboriginal Rights, Eh

This next project I was also proud of but it had some flaws. I was proud of it because my Grade 12 and I worked very well together, as I would make my podcast and then, send it to him and he would give me critique. That was our system for each podcast, as it made the podcasts the best that we could make them. The reason why I said there was flaws was, I felt that I wasn’t the most prepared I could be for the final podcast, and if I was it probably could have been stronger.

Everyone Has a Story, Eh

This next project that I am going to talk about was the video that I made for the HTH students. The reason why I am going to talk about it is, that I did very well on my first draft. I actually did well enough to the point where I barely had anything to change on my second and third draft. Now I am going to incorporate that into a goal now that I have, which is; I want to put as much effort as I did into that video so that my first drafts are high quality and I don’t have to change as much for second and third drafts. If I can accomplish that goal, my quality of work will increase a lot, and I will have less stress when it comes to revising.

I was very proud of that video after I finished it as it fully explained who I am.

One of the last things I am going to talk about is something that I am not so proud of. That happens to be a math project that I did, and I am not so proud of it as I did not hand it in on time. I was a little bit ashamed of how late I handed it in, so I am going to work and do my best to make sure that doesn’t happen again. One good thing that I can say about that project is that I still put a lot of effort into to incorporating the golden ratio into the image.

The Golden Ratio, Eh

Last but not least the thing that has made this SLC/TPOL/MPOL different from every other. I am supposed to ask my teachers question that is specific to me. The question I am going to ask is based off of my work habits between last term and this term. The question I’m going to ask is; How has my quality of work changed since last term, as it was sub par?

Now that I look back at what I have done this year, I have noticed it has all gone by really fast, and I have learned a lot. Now I realize that I still have a lot to do before this school year is finally over.