My Museum Exibit… and a Couple Other Peoples’

So for school in humanities we learned about Maritime exploration, and it was pretty cool and how exploration changed a lot of things in life foods, for example did you know that tomatoes were first found in North America so that means Italy mad tomatoe sauce after the exploration was over. Which I thought was cool and my dad didn’t believe me. We learned about what diseases were transfered, the slave trade and what ships they used back then, like what their strengths and weaknesses were. For example some ships were more for cargo and they might be slow, others might be fast and hold less cargo, or maybe they had lots of cannons on them for protection against pirates. It all depended on what you wanted and how much your sponsor was willing to spend. Christopher Columbus was sponsored by King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella who had lots of money from just taking over Grenada.

image

At the end of the unit we were told that we had to make a museum exhibit in our groups which were split by means to explore, desire to explore, and results of exploration. We all got as much info to showcase but we had to make it look good, also make it intersting but we had to make it an exhibit. We had this guy come in who worked at a museum and he told us what to do and what not to do on how to make a good exhibit. I took a couple notes so that I wouldn’t forget about any of it (and so that my teacher would be happy😉😀). We had to get supplies and make an interaction. Our interaction was like a choose your own adventure sort of. So first you would grab some dice and roll it and you would get a certain amount of money and a ship. With the money that you got you would pick the supplies that you think that are important. After you finished you would find out how it would turn your expedition turned out. We had to bring in all of the supplies that you were able to buy with your fake money. I brought a lime (for survey prevention). We had to print all of the text and pictures and piece them together like a puzzle onto these big bulletin boards. Ours turned out quite good and it had all of the information that it needed and I thought that if you walked through it you probably would learn something when you came out of it.

SONY DSC
LIME