#HistoryWeek , Eh

In class we happened to be learning about a part of Canadas history in the middle of history week, so our teacher decided that we should put #HistoryWeek out on social media. Naturally, we decided the best place for that would be our blogs. Anyways, I should probably start talking about the actual history in the assignment.

The assignment that we were given was, select a topic that involves Vancouver’s history. Most of the options were places but you could select a person that has a legacy in Vancouver.  Anyways, our place we decided to research was Blood Alley. It originally wasn’t an option but my group and I convinced the teacher to let us reasearch it. I did not know very much about, I had just heard of it before and why it got it’s name.(If you are wondering, it has nothing to do with the movie.) Blood alley got it’s name from being the back alley of a bunch of butcher shops, and after every day they would throw meat out the back door and blood would run down the alley.

Blood alley is located in Gastown Vancouver, I have already told you too much as my group and I made a short video that tells you what blood alley is.

In this project I learned a lot about blood alley, and since I have done this project my dad and I have tried to spot Blood Alley when we drive through Gastown.