Fun with photos

For our third “geek out” blog post project we had to create a picture relating back to our interest. Since the interest I chose was art a decided to make a a “gallery walk” of some of my art.

How did I make this? 

1. I took some photos of some of my art and cropped them so it was just the painting.
  2. I imported them into procreate and started to work on the background.
  3. I drew photo frames, copy  pasted it and moved them to fit around the paintings.
  4. I added the background colours and worked on shading. 

Perspective is something that I’ve never really understood how to correctly portray in art so even though its a bit off it was still a good learning experience to help me improve. Ithink if I do a drawing like this again it would be better for me to use a reference photo for the background and to draw more guidelines to help with the perspective.(and i would fix the painting because there a but lopsided). This would be a good art piece for me to recreate in the future with new painting so I can see my improvement.  

It’s always been my dream to someday have my art in a a real gallery and I think this is a good reminder to me how far I’ve come and how much farther I still have to go to reach my dream