So as you may know the grade eight PLP class (which I’m currently in) went to the Oregon Coast about a week ago, and if you know the grade eight PLP class you also know that we can really stir up some trouble. Luckily we were split up into two groups so it wasn’t as chaotic as it could have been. Actually the most chaotic thing was the bus breaking down which made the whole trip VERY complicated. It also happened right at a graveyard so that was a little foreboding.

But before all that we went to probably the most American store ever… Cabelas. Cabelas is a hunting and fishing store located in America. We stopped there for a while and we got to see a huge amount of stuffed animals. It was pretty cool but a little creepy as well. After that we set off to our campsite.

On our journey to the campsite the bus broke down and we had to be towed all the way there. We arrived at the campsite and it was a little different than we had imagined. The KOA campground had everything you could imagine. Swimming pool? Check. Games? Check. Basically it was awesome.

The second day we went to Fort Stevens. The plan was to drive there, but at the time we didn’t really have a bus… so we had to walk. Honestly it wasn’t bad, it was about an hour long walk or something like that. Fort Stevens was actually really cool and we got to learn a lot about American history. We also got to go underground in this cool bunker type-of place.

We also went zip lining that day which was super cool. We actually went up super high and we also got to touch the water on one of the lines.

Later that night the band kids arrived. They had a Cabernet and had to come later. With them they brought the Death Star (a big black van that we named the Death Star), and the seycove van. Earlier that day Mr. Hughes also picked up a U-Haul to carry all our stuff.

The next day we went to Pig & Pancake for lunch and Maddie and Max had an eating competition. After that we walked down to Cannon beach. One thing I love about Oregon is that all the beaches are beautifully sandy. Cannon beach was no exception. We got to see the beautiful tide pools and I got to see a Nudibranch!

The same day we went to Tillamook Cheese factory. Sadly enough I am lactose intolerant so I didn’t appreciate the factory as much as the others did. We got to learn about how they created the cheese and ice cream.

That day we also got to visit our favorite store: Fred Meyer.

The fourth day we started off the day with whale watching. We didn’t actually see any whales but we got to see massive California sea lions. We also went crabbing and before we threw the fish head in Lucas kissed it for good luck. We got to ride really big waves on our tiny boat.

A4849A78-C69D-4274-A5FB-1F613A914309

Next we visited Hatfield Marine Science Center to learn about all the exhibits there and do an experiment. We tested on how fast crabs could run. Then we went to our yurts. I don’t think I’ve mentioned it yet but we switched over from the KOA campsite to a campground that has yurts. Anyways after we hung out for a bit we went back to the science center and we sucked up Ghost Shrimp and studied them.

The fifth day we went back to the science center again. We designed and built R.O.Vs. We got to use critical thinking and teamwork to create our R.O.V. We also had to find a perfect balance so it could float well.

We went back to the yurts and then we drove to Yaquina Head Lighthouse. We learnt about its history and then we went down to the tide pools. We got to do a little side quest where we had to find and identify different beach creatures and plants, it was super fun and it was my favorite quest so far.

That night we went to Kam Meng Chinese restaurant. The food was super good and the atmosphere was really nice :).

The next day we started driving back to Vancouver. We didn’t do too much that day except drive but we did stop at this awesome place called Bullwinkles. It basically was a huge arcade and there was go-karting.

We got to our hotel that night at 11:00 and we fell asleep almost instantly.

The last day we drove to Wolf Haven and we got to see wolves. I had wolf haven as the business that I had to interview so I did that as well.

After that we stopped in a mall and we got to go shopping.

We drove for a while and then we got to the border. We crossed out and officially our trip had ended. We got back to seycove and said goodbye to our friends.

Honestly this trip was such an amazing learning experience and I’m really looking forward to the next field study!

Thanks for reading!