Welcome to my science blog post. This post is about the animation that we did for chemistry. For our animation, we were given three items. Number one, Polyatomic Bohr Model, number two, Multivalent Metal, number three, Covalent Compound. With those three models, we were supposed to make a animation about how they bonded and shared their electrons. I found this subject was interesting because I didn’t get anything about chemistry up to this point. Anyway, here is my finished video animation. Enjoy…

Now I’m going to reflect on the big idea, and the core competencies that were in this project.

Our Big Idea: The big idea for the animation was to make a really good, really clean animation. In that animation, we had to use our Bohr Model and our other atoms and ions.

I really liked my animation. I’m not the most creative person in the world but I have some ok ideas. My animation turned out to be clean and drawn well. I also have to thank Meg for helping me with my title. I had such a hard time creating something that would look good, but Meg was a saviour. The title was “Atomic Bonding” while in the background, it had the periodic table only in the letters. Other than those points, the thing I could’ve and would’ve changed would be my animation timing. They were a little long, and hard to match with voice.

Communicating: Have some detailed descriptions, and clear voiceovers synced with the animations.

This is where my video lacked a little bit. My animations were a bit long and I didn’t really have a creative way to make my voiceovers match them on the same time. My voiceovers also didn’t all come out in the exporting process. Along with my voiceovers being spotty, my music was lost to. That did make my video seem boring and stretched because there were a lot of moments where there was no sound.

Processing and Analyzing: Showing the electron exchange/sharing, ionic and covalent bonding, and all your atoms and ions.

This was the competency that I performed best on. First, my atom and ion drawings were pretty good. They were a nice size and they were clear and precise. My electron sharing was also a nice touch. I animated the sharing process pretty well, I showed each shared electron moving to the ion and also the valence shell disappearing. One thing that I could’ve worked on a tad more, was my covalent bonding explanation. I actually forgot this piece and then I was reminded. In the end however, I pulled together and I turned out ok.

Questioning and Predicting: Did I work well in class?

Yes. I really did work hard on this animation. I could’ve worked harder but, my final output was something that I liked and thought was a acceptable job. I think I may have got a little distracted on somedays and I’ll admit that. But, in the end, I liked my animation.

Also please go and check out Meg’s account. She was a big help and she deserves some praise.

Meg