My Worldview

In my Humanities class we have been learning on how different things can affect someone’s worldview. From that we had multiple homework projects to do, the final product was to make a video with an app called Explain Everything. In this post I will show you the video and all the homework assignments we did.

The first assignment was to measure our “grit” by taking a small quiz.

The second project was to use a second app called MindNode to make a mind map of some of the things that had influenced my worldview.

The third thing I had to do was make a script for the video.

Scripting My Worldview

I am Finn.

I have a broad worldview. Multiple things have helped influence that.

I have always been interested in space and how things work, when I was younger I read a 

lot of books on space, that sparked my interest in science fiction.

Another thing that helped shape my worldview was the students from Chile, Brazil and Belgium that lived with us.

They exposed me to different languages, cultures, foods, and traditions. 

The third experience that influenced my worldview was my trip to Mexico when I was 7.

I noticed there are different rules and standards compared to what I had previously experienced. 

For example in Mexico you can ride in a car without seatbelts, in Canada seatbelts are mandatory.  

At one point during our trip we took a taxi, and some of the seatbelts didn’t work. 

My parents were uncomfortable with it because the laws are different in Canada. 

We used city transit and I noticed the bus was old and the seats made of hard plastic – it was different from what I was used to. 

The other main thing that has influenced my worldview is technology.

Technology has made it possible for me to find information on things I never knew existed.

You can find out how to make or do anything if you look hard enough, for example, I found out how to make solid rocket fuel out of easy to find items. 

Technology also provides news via radio, tv and newspaper articles.

I often check the NASA website to find recent space news, for example on Nov 26, 2018 they landed a new Rover on Mars, Insight. 

Thank you for watching this video on my worldview.

The end goal was to make a video talking about our worldview and what we had learnt through all the projects we did.

As an extension we had to make a blog post on how we did all that, and you have just finished reading that.

-Finn