M-POLs…

For the M-POLs (Mid-year Presentations Of Learning) we have to create a presentation for our teachers and parents that reflects on our growth and development in the PLP program. The main question we have to answer is: How are you going to progress as a learner before the end of the school year? To do that I have answered following five questions.

1. What project did you struggle with? Why?
The project I struggled with the most was the Student Blogging Challenge because I do not enjoy writing and found the weekly challenges repetitive and boring. For example, the post I struggled with the most was the Image Poem Post.

2. Did your goals for your work change as you worked on it?
Often at the start of the project I had many ideas I wanted to incorporate but then once I had started working on the project I found that either my ideas were too complicated and time consuming or that they didn’t fit the project, an example of this is the book I created reflecting on our trip to Oregon. Link.

3. When did you feel dissatisfied during the process of working on projects?
I was dissatisfied when I wasn’t able to use my original ideas for certain projects, for example; when I was working on the Scimatics children’s book I had several great ideas for the project, and I didn’t have time to accomplish them.

4. What did/do you find frustrating about PLP work?
I am still adjusting to the amount of homework and deadlines after being homeschooled. I imagine that this problem would be the same for anyone who transitioned from being homeschooled.

5. What are the goals you would like to set for yourself for the remainder of the year?
My goals for the remainder of the year are; to try and be less distracted by the things around me. I need to improve my prioritizing skills when it comes to using my time wisely. I want to become better at thinking and communicating with clarity and precision. Link.