So, recently we have been beginning to form plans and ideas for a new project we are starting in class. We are creating Metaphor Machines based on a revolution that we studied: The French Revolution, The English Revolution, The American Revolution, or The Industrial Revolution.

My group originally planned to base our machine on The French Revolution, because we were all very interested with all the famous events going on during that time. But sadly, we were downgraded to The English Revolution, which none of us really wanted to do, well, except for Zak.

First, we had to make a timeline of all the important things that happened during The English Civil War. Then we had to figure out if it linked to Crane Brinton, Jack Goldstone, or George Lakey’s opinions and theories  of “What a Revolution is”.

I think our group has really great thinkers and we can all work together as a group. I have work hard, along with everyone, to contribute to our timeline and the sketches of our ideas for the machine. When we started to draw and make the timeline, we did a really good job of connecting our ideas to others on the timeline. I think we should try to use our class time a bit more efficiently – we don’t always focus and sometimes only two or three of us end up doing most of the work.

So I feel as though we should try and all put a bit more effort into our group and our project, then we will be the “Dream Team”!