Top Four Scone Recipes

Welcome back to Gwenyth’s Great Taste! I’m so happy that you’re checking out my baking blog post #2. In this post, I’ll be going over my top four favourites scone recipes! Scones are one of my favourites things to bake, because I love having something exciting to eat for breakfast. And scones are the perfect way to start your day. I have several favourite scone recipes that are so tasty and flavourful, you won’t even need to add jam.

I have made these recipes a handful of times now, and I assure you, they’re delicious. Top five scone recipes sounds much better than top 4 scone recipes, but honestly I only have 4, next level, favourites.

So my top four scone recipes…drum roll please, are:

#4

Naughty rhubarb scones

In fourth place we have naughty rhubarb scones from Food52. You can see the full recipe here.  Since the scones absorb some moisture from the rhubarb, the scone are evenly balanced. The tartness of the rhubarb surprisingly compliments the richness and compactness of the scone, making it nice and fluffy. This scone recipe is much simpler than some other scone recipes I’ve used in the past. There are only seven ingredients and the directions are pretty simple, so I’d recommend this scone recipe for anyone who would like to attempt to make scones.

This is my mom’s favourite scone flavour that I bake. I find them equally delicious, so they have become a favourite.

#3 

Cranberry Orange scones

In third place we have Cranberry Orange Scones! The recipe that I use is from sally’s baking addiction. You can see the full recipe here. These scones are yummy all year round, and so I make them year round. The zest from the oranges make a nice citrus flavour. The cranberries add surprise sourness in most bites.

According to Sally from Sally’s Baking Addiction, she describes these scones as: “

• Soft, moist centers
  • Crunchy golden brown exterior
  • Bright flavor from orange zest and orange juice
  • Pops of juicy cranberries
  • Drizzle of orange glaze on top
  • Sweet crumbly edges”.

I find the scones are sweet enough without the orange glaze in the recipe, but I’d recommend trying the scones without the glaze and seeing if you think it’s sweet enough as is, or if it need some the orange glaze.

Here is a photo of the Orange Cranberry scones I made using this recipe:

#2

Blackberry Lime Scones

In second place, we have Blackberry Lime Scones from Baker by Nature. Check out the amazing recipe here. These are probably my favourite scones ever! So you might be wondering why I didn’t put this recipe in first place? Well, that’s because this recipe is only the best when it’s blackberry season, which is actually only in July- August, so that’s its prime time. I’d for sure recommend you try it in the summer though, if you like baking. Blackberry and lime sounds like an interesting scone flavour at first, but it’s the yummiest, most flavourful scone I’ve made. Make it a summertime adventure to find your local blackberry bush for plenty of plump, juicy, tasty and free blackberries. Those make these scones even tastier 😄.

Even just looking at  the author, Ashley Manila’s photos of her scones make my mouth water. Oh now I want one so bad. Don’t you?

#1 

Lemon & White Chocolate Scones

In first place, we have Lemon & White Chocolate Scones from a cookbook named “ 3 times a day by Marilou and Alexandre Champagne”. This scone recipe was in her cookbook but you can visit her website here. She has numerous delicious recipes.

Here is a photo of my ultimate favourite scone recipe by Marilou & Alexandre Champagne:

I make these scones the most often because the lemon and white chocolate combination is sensational. Sometimes, I even sprinkle in a few frozen blueberries on top before baking the scones. This makes a perfect treat in the morning before you head off to school or work. These scones are always in season! They are super delicious! Just try them and you’ll taste what you’ve been missing out on.

There are two more scone recipes I  found online , that I can’t want to try:

Well that it for this post, I hope you’ve enjoyed it maybe are inspired to try one of my four highly recommended scones.