Facts About The Brain!

Hello! I decided for this choice post that I was going to do a Fun Fact post. So here are 7 Fun Facts about the human brain! If you want to check out more about the human brain and the anatomy of the central nervous system you can visit my blog here!

1. Your brain can generate electricity!      Your brain can generate enough electricity to power some lightbulbs around the world! 

2.  Water makes up about 75 percent of your brains weight!     Your brain takes up about 20% of water you take in, and the brain is around 73% water. This means when you are dehydrated, your brain shrinks in size from lack of water!

3.  Brains function asymmetrically.   This means when you move your right leg, your left hemisphere of your brain caused it to move. Same with the left leg, when you move your left leg your right hemisphere of the brain does that! In shorter terms, your right side of the brain controls the left side and the left side of the brain controls the right side of the brain.

4.  Your brain cant feel pain.   This means that the brain doesn’t have pain receptors, so it cant feel exterior pain. Some brain surgeons even do surgery’s when you are awake, and only need to apply mild anaesthesia. If you want to learn more about this click here! 

5.  Your brain never gets a chance to rest.   The brain is constantly working to keep the vital organs running, even when you get a chance to rest. 

6. Dreams are just to help your memory.     “Research published in 1985 suggests the purpose of dreams is to organize knowledge and to form brain connections, which helps with memory recall,” says Dr. Butler. “This theory suggests dreaming is an opportunity for the brain to problem-solve, make decisions and prioritize.”  (Source)

7.   Technically, the brain has enough memory to pretty much hold the entire internet. Human brains can compute about 10^18 operations per second.

And that my friends, is the end of my blog post. I hope you enjoyed reading these facts, and have a great day.