I Did Summer Like I Do My Assignments

The first weeks of summer sort of just blend together with the end of school for me because I had to finish my online math course. These weeks consisted of sleeping in, then doing work in my pyjamas when I felt like it. This led me to the realization that I might be cut out to be realtor (Just Kidding..haha). I did eventually have to pick up the pace to finish on time, but I think even though it took more time by doing the online version of the class, I know the curriculum better than if I had of done it in a class.

Of course, during all that time I still had baseball, and even more than during the school year. Each week I would probably end up having at least two practices (2.5 hours each), in addition to a likely four game weekend. This would add up to about seventeen hours of baseball, not including travel time where home games took place in Port Moody, and forroad trip games could be as far as Kamloops, or Nanaimo. All this time seemed like a waste as our team came close to last, and known as a bit of a joke, best recognized for our colourful “Ronald McDonald” Uniforms, and our *Bush League antics. Even if we weren’t a top contender this year we still had a lot of fun together on team trips, and overnight games.

*Bush League: Below Standard, Unprofessional, Unpolished

image

But Really… Those Socks Though

I just realized you may be confused by the title: “I Did Summer Like I Do My Assignments”. However, it’s quite simple as it means exactly what it says. Just like my assignments I spent the first three quarters doing virtually nothing, then crammed everything in at the last minute. This isn’t meant to be taken too seriously (don’t worry Mr Hughes and Ms Willemse), I just thought it was funny because for at least my summer it is true. The first two months I didn’t really do anything exciting, but August turned out to be jam packed. My sister had a baseball tournament in Vaughn, Ontario. I wanted to go along because it was right outside of Toronto, home of the Toronto Blue Jays. I figured while we were there we would probably see a game. Sure enough we did, plus my parents decided to plan five day trip in Boston. After Kate’s tournament we flew to Boston, and while we were there we saw a Red Sox game. It was exceptionally crazy down there because David Ortiz, one of the best baseball players in Red Sox History, as well as all time, is retiring this year. Everyone wants to see him play before he says goodbye forever. We were able to watch on of his last regular season games ever, and from pretty good seats too. The game was topped off perfectly with David Ortiz hitting a home run. I had a feeling before his at bat so I filmed it (warning, its shaky as I stopped paying attention to filming as I watched)

[Video Soon To Come]

One Response

1. Michelle at |

Ouch!!

Reply