What C*Eh*N*Eh*D*Eh* Means To Me

Another great opportunity has arisen, and thanks to Ms. Willemse, PLP is now all over it. Similar to when we entered the Canada History Essay Contest last year, there is a new contest, this time testing our visual storytelling skills rather than our written ones. The contest is put on by Here’s My Canada, and it is for all ages. Whether you decide to submit a video or not I do still recommend going over and checking it out, you can watch other people’s videos, vote, and see the byproduct of this competition, which is a truly incredible collection of videos that just make you feel proud to be Canadian.

Now, to get to my entry. First of all, massive shoutout and thank you to Marley. Teva and I looked to her for help with the shots as we don’t have any filming equipment or the skills to go with them. (yes she will get a share of the prize if we win).

I worked on the video with Teva seeing as we both wanted to focus on the lush Vancouver Ecosystem that is, in my opinion the most mesmerizing thing about our province. We thought we could write about why we love our backyard, and with only 30 seconds, let the incredible scenery do most of the talking for us. Of course, as always, the music was created by yours truly. I did the music as well as the editing. Teva acquired the footage with Marley, and wrote the script that you hear him read. The overall theme of the video is how fortunate we are to live in a place full of adventure and opportunity. There is always something to be done, explored, or discovered. The environment that surrounds us is why I personally, love this beautiful country.

Thank you for watching, I appreciate any and all feedback, feel free to leave some in the comments, as this only a first draft. Though we get three submission attempts for the contest, Teva and I are discussing wether we should even make this one of them. Not because it is bad, but because I see this as a potentially great video. We have many ideas for it moving forward and hopefully with the help of your vote, one of them will bring home the prize for the PLP program.