Winter exhibition

On the twenty second of December my group and I presented our work at the PLP winter exhibition. Which was a success in my opinion but our project leading up to the night was definitely not all success….

We had two projects that we were to present at the winter exhibition our photo documentary and  our religion worldview poster. Our photo documentary was individual and consisted of the photos we took at our visit to religious places of worship. In a way we had two themes , the most important one religious worldview and a main focus or theme to your pictures mine was symbols. Here is a clip from my final potato documentary.

B6E6EF2C-2600-47B7-AA88-92F32098C60F-1u4ab0a Overall I’m very proud of my final draft and am happy with my work.

Our main project was in a group my group members were Holly, Matthew, Felix and Anthony and our religion we created a poster for was Christianity. In the beginning we had a few ideas which all seemed to lead to dead ends and acted as a black hole that seemed to only swallow our time. Here are our first few drafts.

Our first few ideas we were trying to make a kind of art project instead of a informative neat and clear poster. Our next drafts started to meet the requirements but were not aesthetically pleasing or made much sense. After some more collaboration and a sentence writing workshop and critique with Ms. Willemse we started getting an idea of what to do. Here is our final draft. 

Besides the poster we also had to have a snack and activity for visitors. For our snack we had hot crossed cookies and fish crackers, the hot crossed cookies to symbolize an Easter food and the fish crackers to symbolize the fish symbol.

For our activity we created a fish with attached strings where  people would write down a holiday wish and one of us would hang it on the fish. Here is my first sketch of the activity.

When it came to the night of the winter exhibition my group chose spots at our station and took turns explaining our poster, food,photo documentary’s and our activity. At the end of the night I was really proud of myself and my classmates but at the same time extremely tired after a eleven hour day at school. Overall I am very proud and happy of how the winter exhibition and look forward to doing it all over next year

0 comments on “Winter exhibitionAdd yours →