It’s the end of the world as we know it.

• Crusades paragraph

Welcome back to my blog , In this post I will be reflecting upon my work in the last unit we covered in humanities which was called the end of the world as we know it. This unit covered learning about the crusades and connecting those greatly impactful times of change to our own experiences in our journey from elementary to high school. Our driving question was how did your change from elementary school to high school challenge your worldview, and after completing this project I do have many answers to this question, but to get to this point I passed a few milestones on the way to where I am now. We started this project by creating a list of need to know questions, which included what we wanted to know about the project, what we already knew after reading the project overview and some goals we wanted to achieve in this project. After this activity I learned more about the project we had just begun and had some goals in mind that either I had came up with or my classmates had. The next week or so we focused more on the fall of Rome the rise of feudalism and the crusades. This knowledge we then used wrote a paragraph about the impact the crusades had on both ends (depending on which side we chose) . From this activity I learned more about the history of europe and areas surrounding Israel not only that but I used this information as a comparative to my transition from elementary to high school, which helped me think of some of the major changes my worldview had gone through. To expand on the crusades and to get a better understanding of someone who was experiencing a similar change we had we read the book of the lion,

A book about a money makers apprentice who got mixed up in his masters work and was eventually sent to fight in the crusade. After reading this book I made a similar connection as I had before except I got to hear the story from the  point of view of a character. After learning about the crusades and the many changes that occurred we started to focus on what we had experienced, we started off by making a triple Venn diagram of our major changes in our worldview our peers and experts (websites and study papers). From this exercise I got to listen to what my peers major shifts in worldview were and even realized what I might have not realized had been a major change for me too. Next we took some examples from our diagrams and other occasions and created a mind node about the changes in our worldview, from this work I was able to record all my thoughts and what I had noticed had changed after my transition. Later on we took these examples and started to write our lyrics for our own parody of its the end of the world as we know it. Our songs were specifically about our transitions and the most impactful changes and challenges along the way. After many drafts of our song we recorded our final draft here is mine.

CBDDCC09-4A58-4EDD-9F31-799AA3F7B365-1y7h11

Recording the song was very frustrating but I had a very fun time editing and making it m own. Once we completed our own songs came the hardest part collaborating, we had to use all our groups songs and make one together that included all of us singing and a photo documentary to go along with it. My group members, Noah, Lauren Finn and I worked together and eventually made this song.

https://youtu.be/nURlykrxDlk

Working together wasn’t too difficult but at the same time wasn’t easy we did have some issues in creating our photo documentary but besides that I’m pretty proud of our work. After all these mini projects and research . I can say that my worldview has definitely changed mostly for the better for example I learn in a new environment and are exposed to new subjects and people, and it hasn’t been easy but now am used to my new worldview and thanks to this project I have a better understanding of what has changed and how that has impacted who I am. Thanks for reading , Kaia

0 comments on “It’s the end of the world as we know it.Add yours →