Nationalism+ TikTok=???

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog, like I mentioned in my last post recently PLP 9 has  been working on a new project called “straight flowing/ while I’m scrolling.” A project focusing on how we can use memes to comment on the significance and consequences of Nationalism around the world. We began this project by looking for a deeper understanding of the two main topics in our project, Nationalism and Memes.

For the first three assignments or so we began building knowledge of Nationalism and memes. 

For our first assignment we asked questions. We completed a document in pages that reflected on what we knew about Nationalism and memes, and what we wanted to know. 

This was a great activity to jumpstart this project I feel because it got me more curious about the topics and inspired me to think more about what I was going to be learning. 

Next we focused more on Nationalism, focusing on examples throughout history. We learned about consequences of nationalism and how it was significant and affected the world today. 

Eventually to test our knowledge we tried identifying significance through text by answering questions. 

This activity was helpful to my understanding of Nationalism, it gave me a better idea of what it really was and how it effects people and places. This Milestone also helped me become better at analyzing text, because I was reading small excerpts and then using that information as evidence in my answer. It also got me thinking more about the subject because the answer had to be a little more original and not something you could simply find. 

Next we took a look at a very popular style of meme, TikToks.

We looked at examples of TikToks , and talked about how tiktok trends change and mutate overtime like memes. We also familiarized ourselves with the app, by watching some videos. 

After we began to understand TikTok it was our turn to make some ourselves. So in groups we created three different types of TikToks. A comedic one, a dance video and a special effects video. Heres the link to my post about those videos. 

This assignment was really fun. I enjoyed filming these TikToks a lot, I feel I really improved at making TikToks, but also got a chance to work and improve at sharing and representing my ideas, even in a way as simple as a TikTok video. 

Next we took a deeper look into the Cause and consequences of Nationalism.  We again looked at some text and looked at examples of consequence and cause, we then answered some questions.

Like the activity we did before this gave me a better idea of the cause and consequences of Nationalism and showed me some great examples of it. I put more thought into cause and consequence through this activity and feel like I’ve built a better understanding of what causes events and how events cause change. 

After building knowledge and practicing our Tiktok abilities.

It was time to combine the two, it was time to create our Nationalism TikToks.
Before we actually started making our TikToks we had to plan out and pitch some ideas, here were mine.

After I had all my TikToks planned out. I created them. Here are my Nationalism TikToks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-UTGsXynpU

0 comments on “Nationalism+ TikTok=???Add yours →