𝓶𝓟𝓞𝓛𝓼 2020

Hello everyone its that time of year again, mPOLs! 

This year l have improved quite a bit, getting the chance to learn a variety of new things from video skills to the stages of revolution , I now know so much more than I did at the beginning of this year and more importantly than when I began PLP. 

Here are some of the biggest highlights for me this year that I think benefitted my learning the most., and also some goals to continue to improve in the future.

The first project I’d like to mention is our revolution project. It was one of our first big group projects in humanities this year, and I feel I improved a lot in this project. I learned a lot about video skills, and different styles of videos. I also got to study various famous revolutions which I really enjoyed.

I got to work with a really good group and have fun making videos , even if they weren’t the best quality. I learned a lot from them, like how to except failure and move on and create something ten times better , (that preferably didn’t have a door in the backdrop.) This project also showed me that going outside of your comfort zone and trying to create things you’ve never tried before can really pay off even tough it doesn’t always work out in the beginning. In the future in humanities I want to do even better some ways I plan to do this is by, being more involved in class, going outside of my comfort zone and trying different ideas out, and also making sure I’m including everything my teachers want to see in my reflection and work.

Next I’d like to mention Alberta. Specifically the reflection I wrote about alberta for PGP. This was some of the first reflection we did this year in PGP, and overall writing that reflection I think I began thinking more about my focus and ability to pay attention and follow instruction. That activity specifically helped me focus on what I’ve improved on PGP wise. It showed me how much I’d improved since I began the course. I think through PGP overall Ive become much better at time management and feel more organized. Although I’ve come very far in my organization in school I think I still have room to improve in other aspects of my life. I think I can still work on being Much more punctual, trying harder to be on time, whether its my assignments or myself for class.    

The next project that has changed my learning this year was The Story Strikes back, specifically the Maker portion. For the winter exhibition we did the project The Story Strikes back. Which included a bluesky project, I had done a blue sky project before and found this one really exciting. I enjoyed it a lot and learned quite a bit at the same time. I became better at getting things done because it was individual and very independent work, because of that I figured out how to organize myself and to set myself up to succeed. I got a lot better at the create competency because I was creating something original that was something I had designed. So Even though my project didn’t turn out exactly how I would’ve hoped I learned a lot, and I now know what I need to really work on. Some things I want to focus on and continue to work on in the future specifically in maker is self motivating myself to complete assignments, but also how strong I am at the Create competency on my own. In the future I want to be capable of making even more projects or blue sky’s individually because I think that would helpful, and might even improve how I do in group projects in maker.

The last project that  Really stood out to me this year was our Chemistry animation videos in Scimatics. This project was really exciting for me, I had been learning about what makes a good video throughout the year and found the subject chemical bonding interesting.

This project like Our maker project was individual, so it was an extra challenge. Overall I’m writing about this project because I feel I improved a lot in my ability to stay on task through it. I wanted to really make my animation look good so I tried my best to set due dates for myself to complete certain images so I would finish it on time. It taught me to organize myself and set myself up to do well. Not only that but I got better at displaying my knowledge and what I knew in a video which I know for sure will come in handy for future projects. Speaking of the future in Scimatics I want to do continue to do better, some ways I think I can do that is by reviewing what we are learning about more so that I understand everything and create work that is correct and makes sense, and by completing tasks in class and not leaving for later. 

Overall this year I’ve learned a lot and have improved in many ways like Ive mentioned throughout this presentation. I’ve also given some examples of how I want to improve, if your have any suggestions let me know, Kaia 

0 comments on “𝓶𝓟𝓞𝓛𝓼 2020Add yours →